Xbox One Is Titanfall overpriced?

TomRalphio

I feel like I'm one of few people that don't see why this game is priced at $59.99 for only a multi-player experience... I can see the price falling on this game soon enough and I'll be waiting for it.

It was fantastic during beta, just not worth $59.99 in my eyes.

People pay $60 for CoD and that's really multiplayer only too since the campaign is a joke.

I do think it's overpriced but it's the consumer's fault for eating it up.

i think titanfall is a disappointment... the one thing about cod is it had a story behind it.. titanfall really has nothing engaging or really explaining itself.

in a few games/streams ive herd/seen people ask about why the imc is fighting and whats the story behind it.. and everyone goes idk.. and kinda laughs like yea we don't know. they said the story was going to be told thru multiplayer but really i havn't seen it and @ 100+hours watched on twitch if i havn't seen it than odds are its so far lost i dont care to know.

in the end its not built by cod.. its built by those who started cod.. and the game feels very codish.. they took away campaign which is no biggie... and allowed them to concentrate on the aspect that cod made famous. whats sad is it is build on an old cod engine... they didn't push any envelopes or bring anything new to the party.. for me i see titanfall2/3 being better than 1... which is sad. you expect the something new to be in the first ip not further down the line.

most aaa games are 60bux thats the price point.. and really with the 25dollar season pass its proably on the cheaper end of the aaa titles as a whole.. bf4,cod ect ect are in the 100-110 rannge all said and done.

I buy such overpriced games some time later so that I can buy it at a good price. No pre-ordering or buying at high prices - I guess that is only for die-hard fans of the game who have money to spend on high priced games.

Someone has said that "Skyrim is as wide as an ocean, but as shallow as a puddle"
The great thing about Titanfall is that it is exactly the other way around.

I feel like I'm one of few people that don't see why this game is priced at $59.99 for only a multi-player experience... I can see the price falling on this game soon enough and I'll be waiting for it.

It was fantastic during beta, just not worth $59.99 in my eyes.

Well, I got nothing much to say since I've yet to buy the game but from the looks of it, maybe? It depends on the consumer on whether it is overpriced or not. Quite a subjective thing.

See the thing about buying a multiplayer game much later is that the fan base for it would have moved on by then. Esp when the game is close to a launch title and new games will be coming out rather quickly. Since Titanfall is multiplayer only though that pretty much means that come a couple months the only people playing it will be high leveled experienced players and it might affect your view of the game as whole since that's the only thing you'll have. With single player oriented games buying it later for cheaper is fine. When the game relies heavily on multiplayer though you're truly missing out by not purchasing it right off the gate.

Some games are priced that high and some would even consider them overpiced and some would consider them priced right. It's really subjective and debateable, as thedoodseven said. But from all the things i hear, yeah, I'm thinking it IS overpriced.

See the thing about buying a multiplayer game much later is that the fan base for it would have moved on by then. Esp when the game is close to a launch title and new games will be coming out rather quickly. Since Titanfall is multiplayer only though that pretty much means that come a couple months the only people playing it will be high leveled experienced players and it might affect your view of the game as whole since that's the only thing you'll have. With single player oriented games buying it later for cheaper is fine. When the game relies heavily on multiplayer though you're truly missing out by not purchasing it right off the gate.

You got it right. Yeah, more and more people will be busting your bosoms easily when you get the game months later. Man, what an interesting scenario. Buy it now and be the best or buy it later or get killed by the best.

Yeah, I think it's overpriced. I mean, if it's just multiplayer, and you get a few modes and whatnot.... then the value for me is just gone already. I still like my single-player experiences so yeah, overpriced for me.

You got it right. Yeah, more and more people will be busting your bosoms easily when you get the game months later. Man, what an interesting scenario. Buy it now and be the best or buy it later or get killed by the best.

I'm not buying Titanfall anymore. XD hgahah but seriously though... I don't know. No interest at all. I think I'll pass on this one.

Yeah, I think it's overpriced. I mean, if it's just multiplayer, and you get a few modes and whatnot.... then the value for me is just gone already. I still like my single-player experiences so yeah, overpriced for me.

Some will say the same thing for Ground Zeroes. To some, it's overpriced because of the short length in the story but some will say it's okay because of the side missions and the many ways you can finish missions. So yes, it's a debateable thing on whether Titanfall is overpriced or not.

i think titanfall is a disappointment... the one thing about cod is it had a story behind it.. titanfall really has nothing engaging or really explaining itself.

in a few games/streams ive herd/seen people ask about why the imc is fighting and whats the story behind it.. and everyone goes idk.. and kinda laughs like yea we don't know. they said the story was going to be told thru multiplayer but really i havn't seen it and @ 100+hours watched on twitch if i havn't seen it than odds are its so far lost i dont care to know.

in the end its not built by cod.. its built by those who started cod.. and the game feels very codish.. they took away campaign which is no biggie... and allowed them to concentrate on the aspect that cod made famous. whats sad is it is build on an old cod engine... they didn't push any envelopes or bring anything new to the party.. for me i see titanfall2/3 being better than 1... which is sad. you expect the something new to be in the first ip not further down the line.

most aaa games are 60bux thats the price point.. and really with the 25dollar season pass its proably on the cheaper end of the aaa titles as a whole.. bf4,cod ect ect are in the 100-110 rannge all said and done.

I have to agree man. Even though I have it (unfortunately) I didn't realize right away how it would end up.

I wouldn't say it's overpriced. If you've been following game pricing over the last couple years, you'll notice that games have simply just become more expensive collectively. It sucks. I remember paying around 40-50 dollars for a pc game. Now, with blizzard starting the new trend, they cost around 60 dollars. It's ridiculous when you think about how wages haven't caught up with the rise in prices.

It is the same price as the other games and the cost put in when they were making it, would justify the cost of the game. They spend a lot of money developing the game and also to get the licensing for the game. It's not bad seeing how well thegame feels and also the graphics look really good.

It depends.

If you are buying a new system then no. Microsoft is giving it away for free now. If you are buying the game fro a system that you already have then Yes. Titanfall is extremely overpriced. In my opinion Titanfall sucks.It is beyond boring.

If i could do it over again i would not buy Titanfall at all. No matter how much it cost.

Well, as thedoodseven and AB9100 say, it depends yeah. Always the preference falls on the consumer.

It depends.

If you are buying a new system then no. Microsoft is giving it away for free now. If you are buying the game fro a system that you already have then Yes. Titanfall is extremely overpriced. In my opinion Titanfall sucks.It is beyond boring.

If i could do it over again i would not buy Titanfall at all. No matter how much it cost.

Yes it is overpriced and in my opinion it's something that I shouldn't have bought for Xbox One. I could have had this on 360 for a cheaper rate.

Yes it is overpriced and in my opinion it's something that I shouldn't have bought for Xbox One. I could have had this on 360 for a cheaper rate.

I guess it's really cheaper for 360 but it's still worth it because of the graphics.

Back