Xbox One Killer Instinct will send disconnecting players to jail

knives0302

Personally, I don't really play Killer Instinct that much but I saw something interesting online.

Disconnect from too many games of Xbox One fighter Killer Instinct, and you'll be forced to play with other rage-quitters.
Free-to-play Xbox One fighter Killer Instinct will soon receive an update to punish disconnecting players, sending them into a matchmaking jail.

Here's how it works: After their first 10 matches, a ranked match player will be shipped off to "jail" if they notch up a 15 percent or higher disconnection ratio. When in jail, players can only fight against other jailed players, with first offenders forced to slug it out with the other naughty fighters for 24 hours.

The length of punishment will be increased by 24 hours every time a player is sent to the Killer Instinct jail, with a cap of five days. After serving time, players are released back among the normal players--but will be sent to jail again if they disconnect a match while their percentage is still higher than 15 percent.

Any match that ends with a player being jailed will count as an automatic loss for the disconnecting player, Double Helix adds.

The update is yet to be formally dated, but developer Double Helix Games says it is coming soon. The patch will also include a new character, Spinal, alongside other general updates and fixes.

Killer Instinct Video: Click here

lol Wow, Microsoft isn't playing around with rage quitters this time. Good for those who enjoy online. Maybe it'll spread.

Rage quitting confirmed ILLEGAL. Scurbs have to git gud or deal with losing.

nicely played microsoft..

bf4 has turned into cod u should hear all the crzyness now that it is appreciation month... its like all the little kids came out the wood work..

I hope that the 15% disconnect ratio is a fair enough number for people with imperfect internet connection. I can see some people ending up very unhappy because their connection was choppy on a particular day. Their heart is in the right place with these measures, but if it ever affects people for the wrong reasons then it shouldn't be implemented.

I hope that the 15% disconnect ratio is a fair enough number for people with imperfect internet connection. I can see some people ending up very unhappy because their connection was choppy on a particular day. Their heart is in the right place with these measures, but if it ever affects people for the wrong reasons then it shouldn't be implemented.

I hear you. Well I hope they can identify who is disconnecting on purpose and who isn't.

I think more games should adopt a similar policy and update, ofcourse sometimes its just your ISP who is at fault but I think a 15% ratio is high enough to adjust that.

Well, well. Microsoft is playing it big this time. So either you lose fairly or lose like a douche and get sent into the digital jail. I'd rather lose fairly.

Well, well. Microsoft is playing it big this time. So either you lose fairly or lose like a douche and get sent into the digital jail. I'd rather lose fairly.

Me too. This will show disconnecting players that you're gonna have to take the loss or else, you'll be in jail. Ruling is finally getting implemented!!!

Good move by Microsoft. There's nothing I hate more than sore losers that quit a match they are losing. This will teach the people to fight with honor and lose with honor. Not to say that I always win but I never quit a losing match.

Rage quitters are gonna see that their game (pun intended) is over! Finally, this is great. I really hate it when rage quitters are everywhere. I'm just enjoying the game and then all of a sudden, they'll rage quite. Well rage quitters, it's over for you all!

Rage quitters are gonna see that their game (pun intended) is over! Finally, this is great. I really hate it when rage quitters are everywhere. I'm just enjoying the game and then all of a sudden, they'll rage quite. Well rage quitters, it's over for you all!

Time for them to stop indeed. The servers might have noticed a lot of these people doing this. Good job.

We'll see how this project of theirs work on these gamers. I don't know how long this campaign will last.

We have rage quitters everywhere. I hope they can really check who they are.

We have rage quitters everywhere. I hope they can really check who they are.

I think they can, they can always check on the IP addresses and the gamer ids that they use to simplify the search.

I think they can, they can always check on the IP addresses and the gamer ids that they use to simplify the search.

Makes sense. How do they separate those who are getting disconnected because of internet connectivity issues?

Makes sense. How do they separate those who are getting disconnected because of internet connectivity issues?

I guess they have many ways to check that out, after all it's microsoft we're talking about here.

This is hilarious! I really like it. Anything that discourages people from acting like tools, just like the Bad Sport stuff on GTAV. Maybe the ranked scores on Killer Instinct will be a little closer to legitimate with this. Hopefully.

Haha. This is awesome. There I nothing I hate more than a rage quitter. I think they should do this for all games. It would make for a much more enjoyable experience online.

started replaying the game last night.. seems like they changed characters that are free.. i now have jago not the skelaton guy..
i got into local/dojo to learn how to play and did some arcade action... yea i suck but it was fun.

Back