Xbox One Kinect can understand two people talking at the same time

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Microsoft has revealed that the Kinect sensor it will ship with the Xbox One can detect two people talking at the same time. Speaking at the Eurogamer Expo in London, Microsoft's Phil Harrison revealed further details about the new Kinect. Coupled with the Xbox One, Kinect will now be able to hear and understand two people talking at once, even detecting whether mouths are open in a dark room.

Kinect improvements have been making their presence often as of lately. Last week offered plenty of information and it keeps getting better. Other than the random negative article here and there, the previews for the new sensor have all been great. I'm very excited and the days are ticking away at this point!

The new capabilities work alongside improvements to Kinect that allow it to track thumbs, 25 joints of up to six people, and heart rates by scanning a face. While the multiplayer gaming applications for multiple voice processing are obvious, Microsoft is also aiming its Xbox One console firmly for TV and entertainment. The new abilities to understand multiple conversations could make for an interesting new living room dynamic. At the moment families struggle for control of the remote for channel surfing, but if Microsoft's Kinect sensor gets popular then we could soon be shouting for control of the TV and the Xbox will now have to decide who wins.
Are you guys at all excited for Kinect? Are you more excited for using it for games or other dashboard abilities?

Source: The Verge

Haha I was about to post this :). But you beat me to the punch! This is very exciting news and goes to show why they spent so much money to upgrade this.. Seeing as Sony is trying to compare their ps4 eye to kinect is not even close in my opinion.

Back