Xbox One Kingdom Hearts 3 Any idea on a release date?

andrew172

Square Enix released a list of games that it was going to release in 2014 and sadly Kingdom Hearts 3 was not on it. However KH3 recently made an appearance at the PS4 all access show. Could this mean that it could be being released earlier than expected. Could it perhaps be having an early 2015 release date? Or could it even be surprise released in time for the holiday season 2014?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nomura has stated many times that when FFXV is done, then KH3 will be focused on. And if I remember right, Nomura has claimed that Square will release a KH title "every year" (this begun with Birth by Sleep back in 2010) so KH3 will probably be the next title in the KH title per year cycle. 2014 is the year of KH HD 2.5 Remix. This year is the KH HD 1.5 Remix. Both collections, for the PS3, compile the titles that start from KH 1 up to re:coded. So maybe 2015 will be the year of KH3 but who knows? FF15 hasn't been released yet. So I'm predicting 2015 or 2016 at most.

Nomura has stated many times that when FFXV is done, then KH3 will be focused on. And if I remember right, Nomura has claimed that Square will release a KH title "every year" (this begun with Birth by Sleep back in 2010) so KH3 will probably be the next title in the KH title per year cycle. 2014 is the year of KH HD 2.5 Remix. This year is the KH HD 1.5 Remix. Both collections, for the PS3, compile the titles that start from KH 1 up to re:coded. So maybe 2015 will be the year of KH3 but who knows? FF15 hasn't been released yet. So I'm predicting 2015 or 2016 at most.

If it is 20016, that will be 10 years between the release of KH3 and KH2. I can barely remember the storyline at this point. They have definitely alienated their fan base by taking so long with main series releases.

I just hope that they can release this earlier. I have a feeling that If this doesn't go out next year it might take 2 years more. I have been playing Kingdom Hearts for the longest time (even on other consoles) so I am really hoping to play the next version as soon as possible.

Great news. I have seen a trailer about this, I hope that this could come out sooner. I love kingdom hearts. I have played this for many years. I hope that there are new characters and new skills on this new sequel. Will the story be continued or will we have a new hero on this?

Is this the video that you have seen? I have to get this as soon as it is out. But is this the final video or are they still developing this game up to this point. I will keep an eye on this game. I hope they release it earlier than the rumors online.

[video=youtube_share;sWs6Izs0ce8]http://youtu.be/sWs6Izs0ce8[/video]

Is this the video that you have seen? I have to get this as soon as it is out. But is this the final video or are they still developing this game up to this point. I will keep an eye on this game. I hope they release it earlier than the rumors online.

[video=youtube_share;sWs6Izs0ce8]http://youtu.be/sWs6Izs0ce8[/video]

I've seen that already. This is the E3 trailer. There's another video, in the D23 Expo Japan thread in the main thread, that shows a glimpse of how KH3 will play. This video you're showing is what Nomura is trying to accomplish with the actual gameplay. So far, he's doing great ;-D
If it is 20016, that will be 10 years between the release of KH3 and KH2. I can barely remember the storyline at this point. They have definitely alienated their fan base by taking so long with main series releases.

I can agree with you on that. But unlike you, I REMEMBER the storyline XD I can summarize the whole story to you, but then you'll be having more questions than answers. But nah, I know the story so I'm not feeling alienated about it. After all, I played every single KH game there was to play so I'm just hyped up to play this one.

I few weeks ago when I heard the announcement, I did think to myslef that I had no memory of how the story went, and had to do a quick wiki search to refresh myself. Hopefully when you boot up KH3 for installation it plays a 10-20 minute refresh video *previously on Kingdom Hearts* to help people out with the story.

Back