Xbox One Kojima is worried that Phantom Pain is to big to finish

redtycoonseras

Following up on previous claims, Metal Gear Solid creator worries that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain "players will start complaining that they can’t clear the game, [it’s] too big to clear."

Speaking with IGN, Kojima said, "The Phantom Pain has the risk that people won’t be able to finish the story as it will be "more than 200x bigger than Ground Zeroes."

He would not elaborate. "I cannot disclose the amount of missions [in The Phantom Pain]," said Kojima, "but we’ll have a lot of missions in there."

Let me just start by saying that I don't even know what that means. Second, that makes me even more excited for the game and how large the world is going to be. Well narrowing down, it looks like the main campaign is huge and Kojima is worried that we might be turned off and not finish. I'm willing to take that risk.

Source: IGN

That will be ridiculously interesting to see if his concerns are valid or not. I don't know...If the game is that amazing, I would play it for days on end and eventually beat it and be a happy camper. I'd be willing to take the risk too ;)

Hahaha. Man, he's making it the most epic MGS ever made. I'll admit, the first MGS games weren't the type you'd play for hours and not finish. You can finish them. But if what Kojima says is true, it's like he's added so much to Phantom Pain that we may be playing the missions a lot more than we think. Plus, remember the first major gameplay of Phantom Pain where you save Kaz? Seriously, he had to fast-forward that video. Seems there'll be more levels like that. And remember, he's giving us more freedom than the previous MGS games, so we can go Rambo, semi-Rambo, all-stealth, semi-stealth, lethal, smooth, rough, wait until it's night.... yup, lots of strategies for all of us! Hehehehehe, let's see how big it is soon, Kojima.

That will be ridiculously interesting to see if his concerns are valid or not. I don't know...If the game is that amazing, I would play it for days on end and eventually beat it and be a happy camper. I'd be willing to take the risk too ;)

So it's going to be a Peace Walker for consoles, and more than that. Man, Kojima is going to be awesome for this. Finally, a game that we feel we cannot finish. I like that. Cannot wait!

So it's going to be a Peace Walker for consoles, and more than that. Man, Kojima is going to be awesome for this. Finally, a game that we feel we cannot finish. I like that. Cannot wait!

Hahahah. This is going to be awesome. Well, I'm getting Ground Zeroes soon so I may see a peek into what Phantom Pain will be like.

Nice, I love challenges. Bring it on Kojima.

This has a nice ring to it. Peace Walker for consoles. reminds me. I will probably play peace walker again on my PSP.

This has a nice ring to it. Peace Walker for consoles. reminds me. I will probably play peace walker again on my PSP.

Oh yeah, I still have the copy as well on my PSP. Good thing I brought it with me.

More challenges on the game makes it a lot better.

Oh yeah! This is going to be awesome. Cannot wait to get my hands on GZ and then Phantom Pain.

Hahaha. Man, he's making it the most epic MGS ever made. I'll admit, the first MGS games weren't the type you'd play for hours and not finish. You can finish them. But if what Kojima says is true, it's like he's added so much to Phantom Pain that we may be playing the missions a lot more than we think. Plus, remember the first major gameplay of Phantom Pain where you save Kaz? Seriously, he had to fast-forward that video. Seems there'll be more levels like that. And remember, he's giving us more freedom than the previous MGS games, so we can go Rambo, semi-Rambo, all-stealth, semi-stealth, lethal, smooth, rough, wait until it's night.... yup, lots of strategies for all of us! Hehehehehe, let's see how big it is soon, Kojima.

You're right. Kojima's already ramping up the freedom. And like Peace Walker, we're going to be given the tools and it's up to us how to use 'em. From using our soldiers to just going it alone, it's gonna be the MGS where it's all up to us on how the job's done. Boom!

And don't forget the SECRETS. Kojima is fond of putting easter eggs and secrets in his games, so there's no telling what kind of secrets he's got pumped into the game. We might end up even playing, say, prototype versions of something or maybe giving us hints about how it's all connected to the previous MGS games and it might even let us play us levels only WE can unlock with scrutiny.

And don't forget the SECRETS. Kojima is fond of putting easter eggs and secrets in his games, so there's no telling what kind of secrets he's got pumped into the game. We might end up even playing, say, prototype versions of something or maybe giving us hints about how it's all connected to the previous MGS games and it might even let us play us levels only WE can unlock with scrutiny.

Yup, the secrets. Kojima LOVES to fill his games with secrets. I'll be expecting that a lot. Doesn't even include the many, many, many hours of dialogue too.

Ah, yes, the secrets. Kojima just LOVES that. We're gonna have so many secrets here. Think: costumes, hidden dialogue, characters, levels, crossover chances.... MGSV Phantom Pain will have secrets.

Ah, yes, the secrets. Kojima just LOVES that. We're gonna have so many secrets here. Think: costumes, hidden dialogue, characters, levels, crossover chances.... MGSV Phantom Pain will have secrets.

Exactly. Kojima has a knack for secrets. So if he thinks we're not gonna finish it for a while, then we're not gonna finish it for a while. haha.

Kojima and secrets, that always comes hand in hand. I hope he has something really cool for us this time which is better than last time.

I dunno if that means that the campaign is massive or if there's just tons of side missions...maybe both? I dunno, all I know is that I adore the way Kojima handles MGS so I'm sure that we won't be disappointed.

EDIT: Also I'm excited to see if/where Johnny is :p

Haha, makes sense, there a lots of hidden stuff on each game that he created.

Right? And this may be the first time Kojima's doing a full-scale Peace Walker-type game so I'm sure he has it all laden with secrets.

I dunno if that means that the campaign is massive or if there's just tons of side missions...maybe both? I dunno, all I know is that I adore the way Kojima handles MGS so I'm sure that we won't be disappointed.

Hahaha Johnny xD Yeah, I wonder that myself. You know, I'm thinking... what if we see a young Johnny? You know, Johnny Jr.? Hahahah

Both is more like it. I mean, if it's taking Kojima this long to even get the game done (announced since 2012), then he's packing a lot of stuff in this game. The previous MGS games were more or less finish-able but this game may be the game he always envisioned MGS to be. The final MGS game he'll be making. So why not go big bang right?

Back