Xbox One Left 4 Dead Creators Turtle Rock Unveil Evolve

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Featured on the February cover of Game Informer, the Turtle Rock-developed game will be a sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter heading to PS4, Xbox One and PC in autumn. An official teaser site has also gone live, though it's fairly sparse right now.

As it's only available for next-gen systems, Evolve is promising to offer a new kind of multiplayer experience. Clearly taking inspiration from its previous project, Evolve is a sci-fi multiplayer-focused shooter that will pit a four-player crew of alien hunters against a separate player controlled monster that increases in strength over a series of matches. Each hunter features unique items and abilities, though the monster is far from defenseless, boasting colossal size and devastating attacks.

Source: IGN

cov_250_front_610.jpg
Photo via Game Informer

Well it may not be a true sequel to Left 4 Dead like we all wanted, but it might be the next best thing. All indicating on Game Informer indicate it is truly inspired by the gameplay we have all come to know and love. The little that has been shown looks great and promises great cooperative fun. Hopefully it supports couch co-op since that the way I always found playing Left 4 Dead worked best.

It looks okay and I'm willing to be open minded about this. I want to know a lot more before I commit but so far the idea doesn't sound horrible. But I want them to make an effort to not report Left 4 Dead's mistakes here and I don't want a clone. This has to be it's own series or I'm officially done with this company.

Actually that's the first thing I thought, ggundamwing "Oh so it's L4D without zombies...like Dino Crisis is RE without zombies."

Well after actually reading the game informer mag it's nothing like left 4 dead

Yeah, you might be right. It might be distinct. Think: Hunt Mode, where a 5th player is included to play as the monster alien. That's a lot like the Versus mode of L4D2 but then we still don't know the narrative structure, the elements of the gameplay and more. This may actually be more of a spiritual successor. But hey, this kinda hypes me up 'cuz to be the 5th player controlling an alien that gets bigger and bigger... oh yeah.

Well after actually reading the game informer mag it's nothing like left 4 dead

I read up on it and it does seem interesting. Don't know if it warrant the "big surprise" thing that was going around prior, but who knows it could be a massive success.

This looks like a game revival for Aliens vs Predators. Well it does look interesting. With the fact that it doesn't really look like Left4Dead makes this game more unique. I hope to see more of this game this year and possibly can you post a trailer if there is one?

What do you mean not the true sequel?

Every franchise Valve buys, they make it better than what the original developer made.

See: Counter Strike, DOTA2, Left for Dead 2.

I read up on it and it does seem interesting. Don't know if it warrant the "big surprise" thing that was going around prior, but who knows it could be a massive success.

I have the same thoughts but well we just have to wait and see how the game goes. But yeah, to be honest I'm intrigued but not that much to be hyped.

Yeah, you might be right. It might be distinct. Think: Hunt Mode, where a 5th player is included to play as the monster alien. That's a lot like the Versus mode of L4D2 but then we still don't know the narrative structure, the elements of the gameplay and more. This may actually be more of a spiritual successor. But hey, this kinda hypes me up 'cuz to be the 5th player controlling an alien that gets bigger and bigger... oh yeah.

Yes, the narrative structure and the overall elements of gameplay. We don't know what the developers have planned. But yes, spiritual successor is one way of putting it. But man, a 5th player huh? Hmm, now I can make the excuse to bring somebody along in case 4 friends take on the human roles.

Well, was wondering what the creators were up to. So this is what they were doing ---- making a shooter that involves an alien and 4 shooters with unique abilities. Well, we'll see what they got for us with the game. Oh yeah, definitely looking forward to seeing more of this.

Well, was wondering what the creators were up to. So this is what they were doing ---- making a shooter that involves an alien and 4 shooters with unique abilities. Well, we'll see what they got for us with the game. Oh yeah, definitely looking forward to seeing more of this.

Same here. It's been a while since I had played something that has aliens on it on a shooter game.

E3 should definitely show us more of this game. I can already see people showing us previews, and the creators showing us trailers. Sweet, sweet. Cannot wait for this.

I'm really digging the concept of fighting an evolving boss controlled by a human player. Sounds like an awesome way to co=op with friends. It's like a multiplayer version of Shadow of Colossus on the PS2. I'm eagerly waiting to see actual gameplay of this game.

It does sound awesome to have someone else control an evolved boss. It's way more challenging that way. Haha. I'm so hyped about this game. I hope they can release a really cool video about the game play.

I'm not totally convinced about the game. I haven't seen any trailers about it, but well I guess it's too early to say yes to it. But I think since it's from the creators of Left4Dead, it would be a good game to watch out for.

I'm really digging the concept of fighting an evolving boss controlled by a human player. Sounds like an awesome way to co=op with friends. It's like a multiplayer version of Shadow of Colossus on the PS2. I'm eagerly waiting to see actual gameplay of this game.

You said it! A multiplayer version of SoTC. Yeah, like that. Just the thought itself already excites me for the game. While other versus modes just let you be the same character, this game lets you evolve if you are the 5th player. Sweet indeed.

Back