Xbox One Max: The Curse of Brotherhood hitting Xbox One tomorrow

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Press Play's 2.5D side-scrolling platformer Max: The Curse of Brotherhood will launch tomorrow, Dec. 20, on Xbox One, Microsoft Studios announced this morning.

The game will cost $14.99 and is available through the Xbox Games Store.

Players will guide Max on a quest to rescue his younger brother, maneuvering through puzzles embedded in the environment and taking on hostiles that would derail his mission. Puzzle-solving and attacks will be executed using Max's Magic Marker, an enchanted writing utensil that allows him to manipulate objects in his environment.

[video=youtube_share;FMplTIaf3B0]http://youtu.be/FMplTIaf3B0[/video]​

Source: Polygon

Awesome, the perfect type of game to play over the holiday break! Unfortunately I still have 10 Xbox One games I have yet to beat so I might have to hold off. If you pick up the game be sure to let us know your thoughts below!

I have never heard of this game before, but it looks like it might be geared more for the younger crowd than me.

I think I will look for some more videos of it then decide. $15 is not a lot, but not sure.

I know of a game with the name Max, and it was on the Windows mobile platform I think, I'm not sure. But the gameplay is you draw or something... you use the drawing skill of Max to get through the levels. Surprised it made it through for the Xbox One. Interesting.

I know of a game with the name Max, and it was on the Windows mobile platform I think, I'm not sure. But the gameplay is you draw or something... you use the drawing skill of Max to get through the levels. Surprised it made it through for the Xbox One. Interesting.

Yup, this is actually a sequel to that very game.

I have seen the game in action, I thought it wasn't that interesting. One thing that intrigued me is how the brush will work on the Xbox. All in all, $14.99 for this game seems a little steep.

The game doesn't look that interesting. It's like you cheating all the way. The character moves on it's own and all you have to do is guide it by creating paths specifically made for him. I don't see this as a good game to have but well this might be a good game for kids.

The game doesn't look that interesting. It's like you cheating all the way. The character moves on it's own and all you have to do is guide it by creating paths specifically made for him. I don't see this as a good game to have but well this might be a good game for kids.

Haha I like the part "cheating all the way". Well you have a point. Using a marker to generate a path for the character does look like cheating. Looks like temple run with the option to create your own path.

Haha I like the part "cheating all the way". Well you have a point. Using a marker to generate a path for the character does look like cheating. Looks like temple run with the option to create your own path.

Well, that is the point of the game actually. It was already established in the first game years ago. You really draw the path of Max yourself. The world you're in is an imagination world, and he draws stuff. It's kind of like Chalkzone in Nickelodeon. Yeah, looks like cheating 'cuz it is cheating XD But really, that's how it is.

Some of you never seen the first game? Well, it's basically like that: you use Max's utensil to maneuver in the imaginative world. Like what thedoodseven said, it's really a lot like Chalkzone where you draw something to make something. In the case of this game, you use the tool to figure out your way around the puzzles.

I'll have somebody play it for me. I know of the first Max game but even then, it didn't interest much. So yeah, not gonna get it yet. We'll see.

It is nothing like this at all and Max does not move on his own. See the topic under the "games" section for more as its really no different than playing Rayman, Mario, Chuck Rock or any other side scrolling platform type game.

COPIED from my post in the Games section:

I would put this similiar to Rayman, Mario Bros, Chuck Rock or any platform type game.

You control everything. You control Max and move him, make him run, jump, climb, swing, run or jump
over the bad guys and so on. Then you will come to areas like a cliff that is to high to climb and you use
the marker to grow something to help out. Or you need to climb a cliff to push a boulder over so you can
use the boulder to climb up to another area.

The hardest parts I have found so far, you mostly just run and jump and climb to try to get away from things.
The marker is not involved. It could change further into the game though. Overall the marker seems to be
limited to a few select areas, you can not just use it anywhere.

To be honest, I am older than most here and this might be the best game I have and I have 8 of them.

It's just simple fun with super graphics.

Cheating in a mario fashion way. I like this game. Well thing is even if I'm a bit old for this game I wouldn't mind getting it. Well for crying out loud this game really has some cool arsenals on it. even though it is a simple game it does have it's own charm.

Back