Xbox One MGS 5: Phantom Pain is "Hundreds of Times Larger."

heavensdevil

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has claimed that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be "hundreds of times larger" than its soon-to-be-released prequel.

Via: IGN

If what Mr. Kojima said is true then wow, I can't possibly imagine the awesomeness that is in The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes already looked amazing, can't wait to see how Phantom Pain would look. It's going to be sick! I'm glad that MGS5 isn't a PS4 exclusive.

Oh yes, I'm excited too. 100 times larger... that's really... that's wow. MASSIVE. I guess what Kojima tried to realize in Peace Walker, he's trying to do it now with Phantom Pain. In Peace Walker, he had that idea of using semi-explorable levels with freedom to finish the missions in whatever way you wish. Yes, they were linear but still, he had ideas there. Wasn't too bad for a portable title. Now, with Phantom Pain, he's going to make the most open-ended MGS ever. I'm excited!!!

REALLY?|! That's going to be so damn large for an MGS game. Kojima's really putting all the stops for this game. Yes, thedoodseven is right, it's sort of going to be taking some of Peace Walker's elements, mainly the mission structure but it improves on it by adding the day and condition and of course, the scale of the maps. Awesome. Cannot wait for this.

I'm pretty excited because if this is true, the scope of the game will probably blow my mind. I am hoping though that he's right and that this isn't including cut scenes because that was incredibly painful to sit through. Still Phantom Pain is turning out to be amazing despite the bull controversy that people have been trying to stir up. I can't wait for this game.

100x bigger? I hope he actually realizes what that means. I also hope that there's actual content there, not just general environment textures. That is pretty insane though, I really can't even wrap my head around that.

MGS4 wasn't big enough for what he envisioned back then, now with more powerful systems I think Kojima can finally realize what he wanted for an MGS game. Hundreds of times larger seem like a stretch unless Ground Zeros is really small and short lol. Anyway, after what he said I'm even more excited to see how Phantom Pain is going to look like.

MGS4 wasn't big enough for what he envisioned back then, now with more powerful systems I think Kojima can finally realize what he wanted for an MGS game. Hundreds of times larger seem like a stretch unless Ground Zeros is really small and short lol. Anyway, after what he said I'm even more excited to see how Phantom Pain is going to look like.

I agree. I was actually excited when he said something about making MGS4 with global scope, where the world is fully explorable or something. But it turns out... it was like any other MGS I played, it just had globally-themed levels. It;'s still good but I guess he couldn't realize it. But now with Phantom Pain... whoa. Looking forward to see it happen.

I like the idea of Kojima finally being able to really fulfill his vision, since you got the feeling that he really couldn't before. But the power of the PS4 and Xbox One seem to make everything that he's wanted to do possible so I'm pretty excited to see what he does. I'm really hoping for a living world out of Kojima and I think that we might actually see it.

I really want to see how this game turns out, gameplay and story-wise. It seems like Kojima is going further than he has before on both of these aspects, so I think we're in for a wild ride.

I like the idea of Kojima finally being able to really fulfill his vision, since you got the feeling that he really couldn't before. But the power of the PS4 and Xbox One seem to make everything that he's wanted to do possible so I'm pretty excited to see what he does. I'm really hoping for a living world out of Kojima and I think that we might actually see it.

Agreed man! This is going to be awesome. Plus, it is going to be the last MGS. I mean, he's already told everything there is to tell in the years before MGS 1, but this one, MGS 5 Phantom Pain , is the story set before Big Boss went bananas in Metal Gear 1. So why not make it the most epic of all MGS by doing it this way right? This is going to be awesome!

100x bigger? I hope he actually realizes what that means. I also hope that there's actual content there, not just general environment textures. That is pretty insane though, I really can't even wrap my head around that.

If it's not just general environment textures... O_________________O I can't wrap my head around this too. Seriously, how can you make a game that has an environment 100X bigger than Ground Zeroes? Heck, do we even know how big Ground Zeroes is? If we see that scale and then multiply... but I think he's just teasing us. I bet it's 1000X!

If it's not just general environment textures... O_________________O I can't wrap my head around this too. Seriously, how can you make a game that has an environment 100X bigger than Ground Zeroes? Heck, do we even know how big Ground Zeroes is? If we see that scale and then multiply... but I think he's just teasing us. I bet it's 1000X!

Or even 10,000x! Okay, that's going way too far already. But basically, yes, Kojima is attempting to realize the vision of the ultimate MGS he's always wanted to make. Now we can see it happen in this game. Can he make it? I believe he can. The best creatives will always find that passion to make it. I'd like to see Kojima succeed in this one.

Wow, 100x larger? Kojima really has this vision. No wonder he's only putting out Ground Zeroes in the mean time, 'cuz he's working full-time to make Phantom Pain the most awesome MGS we'll be playing very soon. All right, I'll let him have the time.

Wow, 100x larger? Kojima really has this vision. No wonder he's only putting out Ground Zeroes in the mean time, 'cuz he's working full-time to make Phantom Pain the most awesome MGS we'll be playing very soon. All right, I'll let him have the time.

Yup, right on man. He's got to have the time. You can't rush the man. He's the one who sees what needs to be done so we might as well just let him have the time too. Besides, he's giving us the prologue at least so we'll have an idea how Phantom Pain will be like.

I preordered this today for $39 thru Amazon. Release date is 3/18 it says.

I’ve been a fan of the MGS series for quite some time now, and I always had a feeling that Kojima was holding back due to the graphic and other technical constraints to get his message across. MGS3 was one where I felt he was trying to expand that a bit, but of course with the current consoles at the time, that wasn’t probable, and it ended up just being mostly a movie (as if other games weren’t like that) where the game play was kind of bleak if you played other MGS titles.

Obviously, with that much claim for an exponential augmentation will require more space and RAM obviously. Though I figured the inevitability of the limits with storage issues is something gamers have to be resourceful with. I looked at the long-plays on YouTube before the user stopped airing more due to copyright issues, and I must say that the game definitely provides a means for a sandbox experiential reality.

However, I would argue that the claim is probably just a bit too much of a hype, but of course, the only way to find out is to wait for the release and make a more accurate review. I would like to see in the future on how people can speed-run through this game if it ends up being open-ended and a sandbox reality game. I remember seeing a trailer on Raiden, and was wondering if playing as him would just be overkill.

It’s like combining all sorts of motifs and themes from other games, though I’m not surprise seeing how that mélange is apparent in most of Kojima’s games. Looking forward to seeing if the “100s times larger” claim won’t bore people to death of having to ride a horse or a vehicle for 10 minutes.

We wouldn’t want this to be like a Far Cry where it’s literally bringing you to tears having to drive for so long instead of actually getting into the action and story. But with Kojima, I highly doubt he’ll fall for that trap.

I've always considered myself a die hard fan and although the new entries in the series ae going off in radical new directions, I still have pent of faith in Kojima and Konami

So excited for this one. Easily my most anticpated game.
I've been playing the series since MGS 2 back in 01', and I've loved every entry. While MGS 2 is still my favorite, each game in the series has been a great part of this amazing overarching story. Since I know a lot of Xbox fans have missed out on parts of the series, I highly suggest everyone check out the HD collection for PS360. The story is great, but the stealth gameplay is also something that's just really well done and pretty unique. While Splinter Cell is fun in a more realistic way, MGS has always been a mix of realism and more game-y type fun like memorization and reflexes.

So excited for this one. Easily my most anticpated game.
I've been playing the series since MGS 2 back in 01', and I've loved every entry. While MGS 2 is still my favorite, each game in the series has been a great part of this amazing overarching story. Since I know a lot of Xbox fans have missed out on parts of the series, I highly suggest everyone check out the HD collection for PS360. The story is great, but the stealth gameplay is also something that's just really well done and pretty unique. While Splinter Cell is fun in a more realistic way, MGS has always been a mix of realism and more game-y type fun like memorization and reflexes.

Yeah. Count me in man. This is way better than the previous games that they released.

Well if this is true, this will be one hell of a map. I won't get bored riding around or even walking. Lots of places to hide and shoot people. Haha. This will be quite a challenge since the map is so big, I hope I don't get lost.

Back