Xbox One MGS 5: Phantom Pain is "Hundreds of Times Larger."

So excited for this one. Easily my most anticpated game.
I've been playing the series since MGS 2 back in 01', and I've loved every entry. While MGS 2 is still my favorite, each game in the series has been a great part of this amazing overarching story. Since I know a lot of Xbox fans have missed out on parts of the series, I highly suggest everyone check out the HD collection for PS360. The story is great, but the stealth gameplay is also something that's just really well done and pretty unique. While Splinter Cell is fun in a more realistic way, MGS has always been a mix of realism and more game-y type fun like memorization and reflexes.

Agree. The gameplay is fun and still holds up in both MGS2 and MGS3. The only problem with the collection is the lack of Metal Gear Solid 1... but it's better than nothing. People without PS3s are still screwed out of MGS4. However, Metal Gear Solid 5 is a sequel to Peace Walker (MGS3 > Portable Ops, which apparently wasn't important > Peace Walker > Ground Zeroes & MGS5, as far as I know) which IS included so it's definitely worth playing before Ground Zeroes and MGS5 release.

Agree. The gameplay is fun and still holds up in both MGS2 and MGS3. The only problem with the collection is the lack of Metal Gear Solid 1... but it's better than nothing. People without PS3s are still screwed out of MGS4. However, Metal Gear Solid 5 is a sequel to Peace Walker (MGS3 > Portable Ops, which apparently wasn't important > Peace Walker > Ground Zeroes & MGS5, as far as I know) which IS included so it's definitely worth playing before Ground Zeroes and MGS5 release.

Speaking of this, a friend of mine gave to me MGS HD collection for PS3 as a gift for helping him out with something involving the PSN. Yeah, no MGS1!!!! Hahahaha. I don't mind buying it again. Anyway, yeah, agreed. You gotta play ALL the MGS games before Ground Zeroes and MGS5 'cuz it wouldn't make sense. And yes, agreed too on MGS2 and 3. The gameplay in those games still hold up to this day. Re-played a bit of MGS2 HD and yes, IT STILL ROCKS. And must you ask, I got MGS4 too.

Speaking of this, a friend of mine gave to me MGS HD collection for PS3 as a gift for helping him out with something involving the PSN. Yeah, no MGS1!!!! Hahahaha. I don't mind buying it again. Anyway, yeah, agreed. You gotta play ALL the MGS games before Ground Zeroes and MGS5 'cuz it wouldn't make sense. And yes, agreed too on MGS2 and 3. The gameplay in those games still hold up to this day. Re-played a bit of MGS2 HD and yes, IT STILL ROCKS. And must you ask, I got MGS4 too.

Agreed man. The old MGS games still hold to age. It might have some outdated elements but still, the games rock. So with MGSV, this may show us the true scale of the MGS. Cannot wait!

Back