Xbox One Microsoft developing a number of 'primarily cloud-based' projects for Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Microsoft is currently working on a number of unnamed Xbox One projects that will be powered primarily by the cloud, company head Phil Spencer revealed on Twitter.

This comes in response to one Twitter user who asked whether we can expect to see games released that will be fully powered by the cloud, using all resources available to it.

Good to see Microsoft is hitting the ground running on all aspects of the console. The more more new games, apps, and features I can get in that first year, the better! I really can't wait till this coming E3, it may be more exciting than the last since many companies were just not ready to show their next gen projects yet. If we thought Microsoft's last showing was all about games, I'm sure this next one will leave us floored.

Source: Polygon

I'm curious how this will work, but I'm definitely intrigued. I personally would like to see more MMO style games come to the Xbox, they're primarily what drew me to PC gaming in the first place. Aside of chat being a bit more difficult, I've always wondered why there weren't more MMO type games on the Xbox, I mean, they are on the same internet as PCs... what's the difference? Of course, maybe I'm totally misinterpreting this, cloud-powered could mean any number of game styles really. I'm very curious to see what comes out of this! What do you guys think these "projects" could be? They might not even be games at all...?

I am really excited to see the future in the next couple years. I always ask myself what more could they possibly do. They always seem to answer though.

The cloud technology built into the ground floor of Xbox One design is going to open up some really amazing gaming experiences. I'm overly excited for next gen console gaming, there's a lot of new features that MS is introducing to the living-room this November and beyond.

i would love to see forza5 do a relaunch on forza5 at this years e3. if they could really push the current game and cars/innovation i think it would be better than rehas in a year or 2.

but i agree 2014 e3 should have a good showing with games. tom clancy devision is a fall 2014 title and will be a big push. and who knows what other games are in the works.. with titanfall,ac4,tom clancy all the new stuff next years e3 should be in a good swing for the next gen.

Back