Xbox One Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary

FordGTGuy

From
Portsmouth, VA
Was the Halo trailer shown at E3 two weeks ago actually Halo 5? And does its advertised 2014 release date eliminate the possibility of the fan-requested Halo 2 Anniversary, since that game’s tenth birthday happens the same year? IGN sat down with Microsoft Game Studios vice president Phil Spencer to try and get to the bottom of it.

Regarding the surprising video featuring a cloaked Master Chief walking slowly through the desert, Spencer said, “There was no ambiguity in not putting a number after the game. For me, what we showed wasn’t the game. Nobody should be confused on that. I didn’t really want to try to show something that was clearly a thought piece by the studio around where Master Chief is in his journey, and then drop the name after it and be somewhat disingenuous about that being the game."

Microsoft on Halo 5, Halo 2 Anniversary - IGN

Thanks for sharing this little article. I'm glad to find out there is a demand for a Halo 2 Anniversary game, I thought it was just me! But hey, it sounds like it's a possibility at least so I'll take it! I'm dying for a Halo 2 Anniversary. I didn't understand what he meant by Halo having 2 E3s? Is he saying the next Halo will be demo'ed at the next E3 as well before it's released? Oh well though, I don't even care, just give me Halo 2 Anniversary!! Shut up and take my money!

Oh man, I would absolutely love to see a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. I absolutely loved the Anniversary Edition of Halo: CE. I'm also really curious about the new Halo. I mean, it didn't say Halo 5 on the actual title card, right? It might be something totally different that we're not expecting, for all we know.

A Halo 2 anniversary still won't play anything like actual Halo 2 did. The game engines are different, the mechanics will be different and it just won't be the same. It'll be exciting, but it won't even compare to actually playing Halo 2, unfortunately.

do u play halo2a now?what do you think about holding off on the release of Halo5 multiplayer but still release Halo5 campaign? Do we need to separate the halo multiplayer more??? Halo2A is a great Halo classic and multiplayer... 343 need to consider not releasing Halo5 multiplayer yet because it will affect the online and lan community.

do u play halo2a now?what do you think about holding off on the release of Halo5 multiplayer but still release Halo5 campaign? Do we need to separate the halo multiplayer more??? Halo2A is a great Halo classic and multiplayer... 343 need to consider not releasing Halo5 multiplayer yet because it will affect the online and lan community.

Come on now mate, you've posted this 3 more times now. One post is enough, and you've done that by making your other thread. Please stop. You're borderline spamming.

Well I am the type of person who is usually always against these anniversary editions or special editions or whatever, but it seems like everyone else here loves it. I should not say against them, I just mean that I am not willing to go out and spend a bunch of money on them. I think I might look more into them though if they are getting this popular.

Back