Xbox One Microsoft working on Google Glass rival

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
While the source - a person familiar with Microsoft's project - said the project may never reach mass production, Microsoft has recruited component makers to help build the prototypes. According to the same source, "Microsoft is determined to take the lead in hardware manufacturing to make sure the company won't miss out on the opportunities in the wearable gadget market."

Google Glass is an optical head-mounted display which has garnered significant interest among consumers but is still untested in the market. A consumer version is expected to release in 2014. These reports follow similiar rumours in April that Microsoft is testing smartwatch prototypes. According to earlier reports, the company had been working on that technology for more than a year.

Via CVG

This could be interesting, but with Google Glass already ahead of the curve and Oculus Rift in the gaming sphere, It desn't appear MSFT has much room to enter the competition.

Microsoft has a lot of corporate projects that only get marketed to other larger entities. We've seen their Windows Table that they built and its pretty neat, its like a Smart Table for anyone who knows Smart Technologies. Like 12 iPads combined only larger much larger. This might be another one of those projects.

I've seen a bit of press about microsofts lab experiments, it seems they have alot of smart people working away on cool projects like this with the hopes that some day it leads to something they could actually market.
A professor of mine worked with one of the teams on a fully touchscreen dashboard for cars and never saw the light of day (the prototype was damn cool though)

Microsoft huh.. To be completely honest, I've absolutely never been a fan of Microsoft due to several horrible reasons which I shall not mention. Looks like I shall be waiting for Apple's IGlass then. Although, the concept of technology implemented into glasses are quite cool, I don't quite believe how this whole thing works.

Back