Xbox One Minecraft Announced for Xbox One

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Microsoft has announced Minecraft: Xbox One Edition.

A trailer mentioned that more than six million Xbox gamers have played Minecraft on Xbox 360, creating more than 130 million worlds in more than 66 countries.

On Xbox One, Minecraft will offer bigger worlds and multiplayer.

Pretty cool, don't know what else they will offer, I thought the world for the original xbox 360 was big enough, and the multiplayer was fine. I'm a real big fan of Minecraft though, so I'm sure I'll get this if I do get the Xbox One.

Will it be this time that we are going to be able to create infinite worlds like in the PC or are we still going to be limited in the size?
I still think that this is one of those games that it's just better on the PC.

When (or if) I get the xbox, chances are that I won't be buying this. I have the game on PC and it is just substantially better. The controls are kind of lousy on the Xbox and I feel much more comfortable playing on my good ol' PC.

It's good that it's becoming better but it still has a long way to go.

It's cool it's carrying over to the new system, but I wonder what they'll do to try and improve on the experience. It's not as if graphics are a selling point for Minecraft. I play MC on the PC, but I dabbled with it on the 360. The experience was much better on the PC. They'll have to add some sort of new compelling features if they want people that currently play on PC to shift over.

Wait so if you own Minecraft for the 360 do you have to buy it again or not?

And I've got to agree that MC is just a game that's better suited for the PC. Unless they could somehow implement Kinect into it, that would be pretty cool LOL.

It's Microsoft, they're going to make you buy it again, that's why they're adding some new features to help justify it. They really should give it to people who already bought it. This is, by the way, why they don't bother with backwards compatibility, why would they when they can just re-sell your favorite games to you?

This should be interesting. I still have not played Minecraft on the PC but with everyone raving on about it I suppose I should definitely check it out. Am I right in thinking you can run Minecraft on a fairly basic PC (like mine) or will I need to update my graphics card. I don't suppose this will be the out for the PS4 too?

It's Microsoft, they're going to make you buy it again, that's why they're adding some new features to help justify it. They really should give it to people who already bought it. This is, by the way, why they don't bother with backwards compatibility, why would they when they can just re-sell your favorite games to you?

That says nothing tbh. If World of Tanks can be free to play, Minecraft developers could make it happen or lower prices. They want to make money though.

It being a completely new console and architecture, they'd have to redevelop the game and thats money and timek.

All I want is Fireworks. Is that too much to ask? There are actually still a lot of feature from the PC version missing. Jungles, etc. I would think there might also be support for texture packs. Firework for example use a lot of RAM. This is why a next gen version would look better,

I'm really hoping this is basically Minecraft PC for Xbox.

I wonder if they'll add any exclusive features like Terreria had for consoles.

This version of Minecraft should be on par with the PC version. I don't see why it wouldn't be on par. It'd be ridiculous. The Xbone sounds like it's more than able to handle such a thing.

It being a completely new console and architecture, they'd have to redevelop the game and thats money and timek.

Yeah, that's true but still it's not like you're going to get graphic improvements really, maybe a further draw distance could happen, but that's about it. Maybe there should be a small upgrade fee for people who already bought it for 360, full price for people who haven't. I understand there is more development time for it, but I think that's the developer's choice to update it to be able to sell on the new console, it really isn't fair for previous owners to have to buy it for the full price again.

Yeah, that's true but still it's not like you're going to get graphic improvements really, maybe a further draw distance could happen, but that's about it. Maybe there should be a small upgrade fee for people who already bought it for 360, full price for people who haven't. I understand there is more development time for it, but I think that's the developer's choice to update it to be able to sell on the new console, it really isn't fair for previous owners to have to buy it for the full price again.

It's a completely new console. It might end up as a free game, but if it doesn't oh well. It's no different the. It coming from the PC to the Xbox 360. It's business so they're going to put a price on it because people will buy it.

Aww yea. I love playing Minecraft, playing on the Xbox makes it even better. This brings joy to my heart reading about this. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft made us buy the game again, anything to increase their revenue.

It's great that they're offering it on the Xbox One but to be honest, i don't see how a next generation version of the game would be any different to the current version of it. I'm really looking forward to other voxel based games like castle story now for the future.

i don't see how a next generation version of the game would be any different to the current version of it.

It's not so much that it's a new version, it's that it's a more updated version. So more then likely anyone who purchased it on the 360 will get some kind of voucher to redeem it on the Xbox ONE. The biggest difference will be that the world generation is going to be far wider and bigger then what was allowed on the 360. Also, it might allow more players to be in one server at a time now as well since the one is supposed to use some kind of new server network.

I agree with other's on this. I can't see how the next gen version will be much different. Don't get me wrong, I am sure they will add things. I just don;t thing they will add anything that last gen couldn't do.

Back