Xbox One Minecraft for the Xbox One delayed until March 2014

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
I know that Minecraft is a niche game that people seem to either love or hate. I honestly just don't get the point whereas my husband can spend hours playing it, doing whatever it is that you people that love Minecraft do ;) Unfortunately for all of you fans of Minecraft that have upgraded to the Xbox One and have sold your 360, well,you're going to have to wait until March 2014 to be able to play on the One. The Xbox One version will be a port of the 360 version. What did you expect? It's an 8-bit game. It's not like the graphics are going to all of the sudden turn stellar or anything!

Here’s some not so pleasing news for all you Minecraft fans out there just waiting to play the game on your next generation consoles and Sony’s handheld PS Vita. According to reports, the game’s versions for Xbox One, PS4 and PlayStation Vita have been delayed to 2014.

So is anyone waiting patiently for this to come out on the Xbox One? Hey, I would much rather wait a few months to make sure that the port works well and has all of the bugs worked out, wouldn't you?

Source: GameNGuide

I don't have an Xbox One yet but I have a PC, and I have a PS3 and Vita so I'm not irked by this. I got the option to buy Minecraft on PC right now and even on PS3 since it came out. I just tried it out on my friend's PC and I love it! But yeah, for those who have been anticipating the release of this game on the XB1, you'll have to wait for this, sorry.

Not affected by this although yeah, anybody who's been holding out to buy this game on the XB1 instead of other platforms will be waiting a while. But if I were one of the people waiting for this, yeah, I'd agree with the j-man and just wait for it to be fixed up and ready to play without any issues at all.

I love Minecraft. I still have my 360 so it isn't a big deal to me. I was hoping for more features on the next gen version of the game though.

I wasn't patiently waiting for this since I have the PC version. Being anything past mildly irked by the delay and having PC Minecraft is like having steak and being annoyed that your ham sandwich is taking forever.

I was kind of waiting for this Minecraft for X1, but it's probably best that it comes out in the spring. I figured the consoles would all pick up and more games drop during tax season.

Keep playing the 360 version! They put out a new update like a month ago, so they are still supporting it. Honestly, i dont think the one version will be drastically different.

I enjoy Minecraft but I play it on the PC. I've never been tempted to play it on the console, but I might install it on the Xbox One just to see if I feel comfortable with playing it on a console. Getting materials might be easier with a controller but I build a lot so I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable with that on a console. But the delay isn't that bad since their also trying to port it to the PS4.

I believe you're right, I wouldn't be expecting any big additions or changes to it. I'll say this does suck for people who were actually waiting for this for X1 though. Everyone's waiting for some game and sometimes it might be the huge game you'd expect everyone is waiting for.

I enjoy Minecraft but I play it on the PC. I've never been tempted to play it on the console, but I might install it on the Xbox One just to see if I feel comfortable with playing it on a console. Getting materials might be easier with a controller but I build a lot so I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable with that on a console. But the delay isn't that bad since their also trying to port it to the PS4.

But on the other hand, you have the magic of the mods. That's one thing Minecraft on PC has over them all. But yeah, I can see your point that the gathering of materials could be made easier thanks to controller support. But yeah, just remember that Minecraft PC has mods.

I love Minecraft. I still have my 360 so it isn't a big deal to me. I was hoping for more features on the next gen version of the game though.

This.

I thought this was the point. I was under the impression that this was taking so long because they were bringing it up to speed with the PC version especially since memory limitation should not be a problem. I wanted horses and fireworks. Is that so much to ask?

What the hell is this, anyway!? Is every single game coming out on March 2014 or what? Geeeeeez...

But on the other hand, you have the magic of the mods. That's one thing Minecraft on PC has over them all. But yeah, I can see your point that the gathering of materials could be made easier thanks to controller support. But yeah, just remember that Minecraft PC has mods.

Mods are cool, but I belong to a legit server so we're not allowed to use any cheats or mods. Any and all material and building must be done on our own with no help, we have to gather the materials the old school way and some of the builds are really mindblowing when you think of that requirement. I still prefer playing on the PC but I get why people on the One would be disappointed.

Back