Xbox One Minecraft on the One

cossectansin

I saw in the announce trailer that there would be "Bigger Worlds, Bigger Multiplayer". The pragmatist in me says that literally just means they have increased the overall world size and the player limit in each of those worlds. The optimist in me wonders if Bigger Worlds means, worlds on par with the PC,and Bigger Multiplayer means, interplayability between PC and the One.

It doesn't seem like a stretch to say that the One could handle the load of the PC version but I guess it is just a matter of getting the two to talk. I know it is a long shot, but a guy can hope.

The Xbox One should be more than powerful enough to handle a Minecraft that is identical to the PC version. Hell, even the 360 should be able to.

I recall there were issues having the "never ending world" from the PC version of the game on the 360 - Quite possibly due to RAM limitations.
But Xbox One is built on PC architecture and framework, so it's basically a PC running a custom OS now.

I'd like to see Minecraft taken to a new level, it seems like they've not made any major improvements to the game since launch. We're still waiting on the promised Adventure mode, and the Xbox version has yet to catch up with the PC or spin off into it's own direction - as promised.
If they bring Xbox / PC cross compatibility, that would be amazing - but we have to consider mods too. I doubt it will happen, but fingers crossed!

Well despite being smaller then what the PC offers, I'm still going for the Xbox one version of Minecraft. Hopefully some new major improvements which I'm definitely looking forward to. And as someone has previously mentioned; Adventure mode, I'm going to have a blast once I buy this game.

I doubt that Minecraft One will be able to communicate with the pc version of the game due to the fact that they are written in different coding languages. It would be very, very difficult to have the ability to connect to each other and because of that there isn't much hope for pc-one connectivity.

I sincerely hope they'll be doing something more with the Xbox version this time around. The 360 one was rather disappointing compared to the PC, and there's no real technical reason why they couldn't utilize the hardware of the One to do exactly the same. Even if there aren't as many frequent updates, something on par with the PC version would be definitely nice to see.

Back