Xbox One Minecraft PC Xbox One Cross platform

Pec0

Hey guys,

I've owned Minecraft for quite a few years on the PC but have now managed to port it over to the new "Microsoft" version for free with the my Windows 10.

I recently bought my daughter an Xbox One S for her birthday and on Sunday and got her Minecraft Xbox One Edition for £18 from my local CEX store with a view to playing cross platform which came with the "Better Together" update.

I have a couple of queries which I believe are problems.
  • Question 1. My PC obviously has my Windows account username and password. I used these same credentials when setting up my daughters XBox. Would I correct in saying I will need a second account to play Minecraft in the same world in cross platform, me on the PC and my daughter on the Xbox?
The site has the following http://www.xboxforums.com/forums/xbox-one.1065/create-thread which states within the FAQ:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I own Minecraft: Xbox One Edition on disc and played for at least 5 hours, or made a purchase within the qualifying time period. Where is my game?
If you’re eligible based on your purchases or game play, you will see a copy of Minecraft available in Ready to install under My games & apps. If you don’t see this available then make sure that you’re signed in with the same account that was used to play or purchase content.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Question 2. In other words it looks like I am correct in saying I have wasted £18 as I am now out of date and I should have bought the cheaper online version of Minecraft for Xbox?
If true, tomorrow I'll beyond the 48 hour CEX give you to return bought items to gain the same amount in in-store vouchers. So they'll probably refund me a fiver... ARG!!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Back