MOBA games. Which is your Favorite Pick?

x0MandyLynn0x

I'm sure most of you know already what MOBA stands for, but for those who don't. It's Massive Online Battle Arena. I was just curious on what your favorite MOBA online game is, if you play one that is? I've tried a few already myself like, Heroes of Newerth, DoTa, Bloodline Champions and Smite. Honestly, I got bored of playing them after a few minutes for some, and a couple hours for the others. I never lasted over a day having any of those games installed on my computer before uninstalling them all. Mostly because I couldn't get into them, I didn't quite like the whole game play, or even the graphics. I'm sure some people will disagree and absolutely love one of those games for a MOBA. Just not me.

My pick is League of Legends. Every time I try something else new, I always end up going back to this game. I love the gameplay, the champions are fun. The game is literally free, unless you don't feel like waiting to buy a champion with IP (Influence Points) or want to show off a champion 'skin'. Only way it'll cost you. It's addictive to me, and I find it overall just an amazing online MOBA game. Only thing that I find is the downfall is sometimes the people who play, can act very immature.

So tell me, what is your pick?

I would also pick League of Legends because of the game play feels very polished compared to the Dota 2 counterpart. Even though I find that in Dota 2, the game is more balanced because you already have all the champions and really there isn't runes and to influence the game which is a really big down side for me in League of Legends. People say that there isn't a disadvantage for free user but getting all the champions as of now really is almost impossible except for pouring hours into it. In Dota 2, you can even get skin parts for free time to time. The reason I prefer League of Legends though is that the game play is way more flashy and also more forgiving. In Dota 2, once you get someone rolling like the Sniper or something, you can't do anything about it but for League of Legends, a good team fight and coordination can swing a game around massively.

I would say it's a competition between League of Legends and DOTA 2. Indeed DOTA was released before League of legends and some people even tend to claim that League of Legends has been copied from DOTA which I highly dispute of but who knows? Riot games might have been inspired by them. But as an overall I'd say League of Legends is definitely better then both, Dota and Dota 2.

I've been with league of legends since the beginning so almost 4 years now and as my first MOBA game I couldn't be more satisfied. I've watched it grow from an unknown game ( HoN back then was more popular ) to the most popular game on the planet the elevated the status of the game to where games never been before. I've to admit I hated my first 20 games because it was really overwhelming but I just sticked with it and I'm really happy with my decision.

I don't play as much as I played before but this the game I go to when I'm bored or tired of every other game. The gameplay is really good and "fresh", the biggest downside being the community but I've met some people over all those years so I rarely play alone which is a plus.

League of Legends hands down. LoL was my first moba game as well, and I am loving it. It's a great game with a lot of popularity. I haven't really played any other moba games, but I am completely satisfied with this game.

I have played roughly all three of these: DOTA(I and II), LoL, and HoN. Each have their cons and pros, but the one I personally enjoyed the most was LoL. The store wasn't too hard pressed on you, and you could earn almost all of the skins/additional content through additional game time and winning games.

I always compared Dota and League of Legends as Team fortress 2 Vanilla and Hat simulator 2. One is really pure and there is not much more than the basic stuff, which most of the times is the best thing, while League of Legends is full of stuff everywhere, cosmetic and status boosting.
So i guess i would choose Dota2 nowadays.

DotA for me, personally. Although I do prefer more "exotic" games that are categorized under MOBAs, such as Monday Night Combat or Awesomenauts. I just find LoL and DotA to be boring in general. Same maps, same gameplay, same mechanics over and over again. Even if different champions add some variety, it's overall pretty boring.

I guess that Magicka one is kind of fun because I absolutely love playing the regular game but honestly I have played a few different MOBA's and they just do not seem like my kind of game. Also I guess if it still counts than the Monday Night games are kind of fun even if they are TPS'.

I tried Dota 2, but it was pretty heavy going for me. I know I could probably get into it if I could give myself the time to learn it, but I just don't have that sort of time any more. I was also really put off LoL after reading about most things being locked from the start - that doesn't seem fair, particularly given how hard it is to unlock it all.

I never thought I'd get into MOBAs, but I played Awesomenauts in a free weekend on Steam and was hooked almost instantly. It's a lot less 'traditional' when compared to Dota/LoL - it's more platformer/fighter than anything, but it's much easier to pick up and play, and you'll unlock every character after just a handful of games.

Back