Xbox One Most money you've spent on one game?

Algera

Games are getting more and more expensive every single year, heck, every single month and some prices are even reaching the 70 dollars and above mark. It is silly but we can't do much about it. People still tend to buy the brand new releases of games since they don't want to wait months for the price to drop. A cheaper option is, of course, buying the used kind.

However, it got me curious how much is the maximum amount of money you've spent on a single game? Which one and was it worth it?

I was into rare titles when I used to own an Xbox 360. I bought the Grand Theft Auto: Trilogy for $85 back when I had a Xbox 360. I thought that was extremely high for its time period. Generally speaking, it still is by today's standards as well. The most expensive game I've bought is Snipe Elite. I paid $89.99 for it on release. Didn't really live up to my expectations either, so I ended up selling it. Ended up losing $15 throughout the whole ordeal, but that's how life goes...

The Grand Theft Auto: Trilogy's price isn't that horrible if you consider it's basically three games in the pack. I guess it was high because of when it was released and games in that time period weren't anywhere near as expensive as they are now.

But I don't understand why Sniper Elite was so expensive? I didn't realize that was the price at the launch... seems very overpriced. Too bad it didn't impress you.

This is why I'm so skeptical about buying games at launch though. I always prefer making sure it will be good by watching some streams or clips.

Good question... I never buy a game on launch, I always wait to see the reviews to see if it's worth it - and I also have a massive backlog. So the prices usually drop when I actually buy games.
I can't remember a specific example, but I think I never spent more than 30 dollars for a game. Never 50, that's sure.

Back