Most Overrated PS2 Game?

I always felt Final Fantasy X was overrated. I liked Final Fantasy X-2 more. As a matter of fact, when I hear FFX, I tend to think FFX2 because that's the one I preferred.

Really? I've never really heard of FFX referred to as overrated or anyone preferring FFX-2 to FFX.

I'm going to have to go with the Call of Duty games. I was always more of a Medal of Honor man myself and feel that those games were so much more involved. To me it's a shame that when people think War based FPS they always think Call of Duty and not Medal of Honor.

Really? I've never really heard of FFX referred to as overrated or anyone preferring FFX-2 to FFX.

There's all kinds out there! Though I don't think X2 was even half as bad as people say.

I think Kingdom Hearts is overrated. KH2 in particular because it felt much easier and marshier than the first.

I was going to say Final Fantasy X, but there we go with Kingdom Hearts. People love KH, but I just don't...I don't feel KH. I've played and beaten the first and second, but I never felt it was anything beyond a good game.

I felt like God of War 2 was really overated, I don't know, also need for speed most wanted. There was a big to do and no substance behind these games basically they lived off of the success of their predecessors.

While I liked the God of War series and feel there's more that can be done--just pick different folklore--it was pretty much PS2 Rygar with larger production and a defined story.

I agree with KH as well. I would say Square Enix was overhyped for PS2 period, but they dropped The Bouncer which I would've liked to continue, Radiata Stories, FFX-2, and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time...so they skinned the cat on it as far as PS2 is concerned.

I can't really think of a truly overrated game for PS2. I can see how some would see some games as overrated due to all the talk and praise surrounding them like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, GTA, and so on.

I felt Final Fantasy 10 was overrated and 10-2 wasn't nearly as bad as some said. Neither was vintage Final Fantasy, but I thought 10-2 was pretty good. FF10 wasn't bad by any stretch, but it wasn't all that.

Raw Danger and Disaster Report. I felt those were overrated.

Sir.. :mad: RAW DANGER (that how it's supposed to be typed) and Disaster Report were not overrated. Barely anyone picked up that game.

...and RAW DANGER was a great game. It was extremely unique for a PS2 game. I wish there was a strike through format.

Raw Danger was an Agetec game, wasn't it? A disaster survival one. No one bought that game but I remember it being really good. Didn't look pretty by PS2 standards (looked fine by early PS2 standards), but it was a really fun, difficult game.

Man those Disaster Report games... been meaning to hunt them down and play them. I have fond memories of them and games about scavenging and natural disasters are rare.

I really liked those. There was no actual boss or enemies to fight, it was all about survival, healing people, making sure their body temperature is right, and all of that. Also if you liked the scavenging and survival part, there's this long running series of games called Lost in Blue on DS (with a console version for the Wii). They're part of this earlier series called Survival Kids on GBA.

Basically you're shipwreck on an island and have to scrounge for supplies, build tools and weapons, set traps, cook, manage your thirst, hunger, and energy, and explore. It's a lot of managing your time to make sure you can explore more of the island and unlock its secrets and find other survivors.

I don't know - probably God of War 2 although it mostly managed to live up to the hype there were parts where it was like... "Really?" That said I can't agree about KH, but that's because it successfully mixed Disney and Final Fantasy... which is something I apparently respect.

I liked God of War, didn't care for KH. I don't find it overrated, I'm just indifferent towards the series. I can agree with Final Fantasy X being overrated.

I liked God of War, didn't care for KH. I don't find it overrated, I'm just indifferent towards the series. I can agree with Final Fantasy X being overrated.

I think Final Fantasy X was a solid game but the hype for the game made it a little bit overrated.

That's another thing. It was hyped too much. You want to hype a game to the moon so people will buy it, but I don't feel it lived up to that degree of hype.

Back