Xbox 360 My headset is stuck on mute

kelseyville

I have a afterglow wired communicator headset and it is stuck on mute I hit the mute the mute bottom than left for s little bit and than came back to unmute and it would notin unmute piz help me

hope its under warranty only way to fix it..

the new xb1 has a similar issue.. it occures if your headset is in mute and it turns off wor a power outage it basically locks the headset/mic in the mute position.

unfortunatly microsoft offers 0 support for this issue.. i have had 3 headset die due to this issue. all were microsoft issued and microsoft factor upgrade headset.. they offered to do a swap out but it was a 4-6 week thing.. i just went and bought another one.. its honestly why im so scared to buy a turtle beach or astro.

thank you both i just took it back and got a new one thank you very much

I'm glad I came across this! I have 2 Turtle Beach headsets and I was muting them a lot if I wasn't actively talking at the time. Now I think I might not mute them anymore!!

I went and replaced it too because of the same issue. It looks like a common problem maybe something to do with the software inside it. I also tried not using the mute at all so that the issue will not occur again.

Afterglow just has weird problems in general. I stopped buying afterglow products after my first controller bunked out on me within 24 hours, buttons just stopped responding, took it back and they replaced it but said they'd had a lot of complaints. 2nd one lasted a bit but that's not the point!

Glad I came across this thread. Was thinking of buying an Afterglow headset as our Turtle Beaches just gave out. I think I might just buy another pair of Turtle Beaches instead.

If you look at the Afterglow range this did seem to be a common issue and I also would have put it down to a software glitch. The issue will have been resolved now, well, seeing as the original post was from a while ago I would have thought it would have been!

Well that is certainly unfortunate. I always find it frustrating when the things that you have to go out and buy separate start to break down, mostly because I just start to think about all the money that I have spent on the system as a whole. I know that it is worth it and I know everything is expensive, but for some reason this just highlights it for me. A good headset is must have though, so I am glad to hear that you went ahead and got a new one.

Back