Xbox 360 My inner nerd child wants this.

spleendingo

From
Michigan
I've never bought a Lego based game before. And I never planned on it. And then, while messing around on the internet, I ran across some reviews for this game. My inner nerd, which is essentially my outer self with more pronounced fan-gasms, wnated to go out and purchase this game right away. My adult self, which is nothing like my inner self, stopped and said "Batman comes out Friday. Battlefield 4 next week. You don't need another $60 game Especially one that doesn't involve bloodshed. Now shut up and make me a sandwich". Actually, that last one I said aloud because I forgot I don't have a girlfriend. No surprise considering that was how I told her I loved her.

But every once in awhile, you have to give in to that inner self of yours and get what it wants. So I'm waiting until 10:00 and heading to Gamestop.

I said all that to ask: Is anyone else playing or plan on playing this game?

I've never been a fan of lego video games, but the actual physical legos were amazing. In my humble opinion, it looks terrible. I'd rather play a game with human being based characters rather than legos.

I agree, having a bunch of lego comic heros running around and doing lego things is actually kind of awesome. However, I probably won't pay for it because of all the other commitments I have and I'm currently in the midst of a Starcraft 2 season. I also think that the game itself will come down in price quite a bit with the competition it will be up against and its demographic is quickly saturated.

I am very torn about the lego games. I am one of the biggest comic fans and just seeing the screenshots makes me want to play. Although the gameplay isn't there for me. I just can't get into them. Batman is my all time favorite superhero. Couldn't make my way through the lego batman games.

Maybe this one can change my mind, but I dunno.

I also feel like lego games cash in on a succesful franchise, then dumb it down by using lego graphics. The game itself could be extremely fun for all i know, but id never play cause it be too busy hating the franchise for selling out to Lego

I've never been a fan of lego video games, but the actual physical legos were amazing. In my humble opinion, it looks terrible. I'd rather play a game with human being based characters rather than legos.

You know, while I was playing I was thinking the same thing. Why aren't there any graphically superior, comic book art style games that can feature 100 of Marvels finest and play incredibly well? Other developers should be ashamed of themselves. They're getting their a** kicked by a game based on a childs toy! Sure, the Batman franchise is awesome (even if it's DC), but there are so few good super hero games you can count them on one hand.

What's next? A game made by Lincoln Logs that gets 10 out of 10's? :)

I played the original Lego Star Wars games. They are good simple fun. Don't expect any great challenge or gameplay. The Lego series relies on the coolness of Legos a lot. As a fan of Lego and Marvel, this game looks really cool.

That's the exact appeal of the Lego games. They're fun, not complex from a storyline point a view, and really don't require a tutorial to enjoy. There is a tutorial, but it isn't needed. It's a franchise of games that don't take itself seriously whereas one with human characters would. While that should be the case most of the time it's fun to see a game outside of that.

That's the exact appeal of the Lego games. They're fun, not complex from a storyline point a view, and really don't require a tutorial to enjoy. There is a tutorial, but it isn't needed. It's a franchise of games that don't take itself seriously whereas one with human characters would. While that should be the case most of the time it's fun to see a game outside of that.

True, I've had doubts on the game at first but when I saw my daughter playing it and really enjoying it, I started playing as well. It's really addictive.

True, I've had doubts on the game at first but when I saw my daughter playing it and really enjoying it, I started playing as well. It's really addictive.

Really nice and addicting game. I agree. I hope they can make a sequel to this soon.

All my daughter says right after she finishes her meal is "daddy I want to play my lego". I guess she likes the game a lot.

All my daughter says right after she finishes her meal is "daddy I want to play my lego". I guess she likes the game a lot.

My kid doesn't even say anything. He just goes straight to my Xbox One and opens Lego Marvel. haha.

My kid doesn't even say anything. He just goes straight to my Xbox One and opens Lego Marvel. haha.

Your kid may be addicted to the game already. Haha. I just wish I could influence my daughter about this game.

My niece and sister really liked this game (and all Lego games). I ended up playing it more than they did.

My niece and sister really liked this game (and all Lego games). I ended up playing it more than they did.

I agree, I'm actually playing it more than my son these days. He has time to play with his cousins.

I love the concept of the Lego series of games, but for me, I still have Indiana Jones, Batman and I think one other one to finish. I start playing them and then just get bored to be totally honest. I'd rather play regular Marvel as opposed to Lego Marvel.

I love the concept of the Lego series of games, but for me, I still have Indiana Jones, Batman and I think one other one to finish. I start playing them and then just get bored to be totally honest. I'd rather play regular Marvel as opposed to Lego Marvel.

Well in my case I think Lego Marvel is still a good game to play. It's not boring in my opinion.

Back