Xbox One My reasons for preordering Xbox One

Segm3nt

I dont know if we have on of these threads but I thought it would be good and helpful for people on the fence and fun to get other peoples perspective on their choice.

To be honest I have 3 majors reasons that keep me from wanting to get a ps4 right away.

1) The controller... I have always loved xbox 360 controller over ps3, and I imagine that stays the same.

2) The games... if it wasnt for Halo or the upcoming Titanfall... Id get the PS4 probably.

3) The user interface and xbox live, etc. Throw in tv tuner and all the cool things that make this the ultimate in living room entertainment. Seriously, alot of gamers complain saying this stuff isnt important, I beg to differ. Skype is a huge thing too.

Ok, what are your reasons?

The Kinect and controlability that it offers with games, TV, etc... Some people criticize being forced to pay for it and
about it, but it is a BIG part of why I wanted the Xbox One. Having the Kinect with every Xbox One will also make
more developers make things for it.

Snap windows. I really like the idea of being able to multitask like that.

Some of the games look amazing and fun. I have been wanting more than the 360 offers for a while now.

How it is tied into the NFL and exercise exclusives like P90, Extreme, Jillian Michaels and others and how it works with
the Kinect.

I needed a bluray player and Skype camera as mine died :) so buying the One saved me $.

1) Games - Titanfall and Forza (I know TF isn't a launch title, but still isn't far off).

2)The controller - I've always preferred the Xbox controller and I'm really excited to feel the improvements in the new one for X1.

Ultimately, I preordered because I didn't see a point in waiting. I was originally going to wait until after the holiday, but why? It is going to cost the same then. May as well just get it now. It took 2 years for the 360 to drop in price. People waiting for a price drop may be waiting a long time.

I had preorder the ps4 and xb1, but decided to keep the preorder for the xb1 and later I will probably get the ps4 when more exclusives are released. I decided to get the xb1 for I had a great experience with the orginal xbox and the 360 and I dont expect it to be any different on the xb1. Other reasons include the controller, xbox live, keeping my gamerscore ( I know that is a stupid reason, but whatever), the multi-tasking aspect, dedicated servers, and the biggest reason is the games, games, and games. The exclusives such as Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Halo 5, and Titanfall interest me more than the exclusives coming out for the ps4.

I dont know if we have on of these threads but I thought it would be good and helpful for people on the fence and fun to get other peoples perspective on their choice.

To be honest I have 3 majors reasons that keep me from wanting to get a ps4 right away.

1) The controller... I have always loved xbox 360 controller over ps3, and I imagine that stays the same.

2) The games... if it wasnt for Halo or the upcoming Titanfall... Id get the PS4 probably.

3) The user interface and xbox live, etc. Throw in tv tuner and all the cool things that make this the ultimate in living room entertainment. Seriously, alot of gamers complain saying this stuff isnt important, I beg to differ. Skype is a huge thing too.

Ok, what are your reasons?

Ditto. And, if they do decide to offer backwards compatibility through the cloud, I already have 360 games.

J

The launch and 2014 games. I will own both the Xbox one and ps4 eventually but even though the ps4 is launching in my country in 2013 and th xboxone doesn't , I prefer to import the xboxone because there's a ton of launch exclusives that I want (ryse, dead rising3 , killer instinct, crimson dragon, forza5) and more coming in 2014 like quantum break and halo 5 while on the ps4 front I only want killzone from its launch line up and infamous in 2014 ( hate the 1:2.35 aspect ration of the order) .

Back