Netflix Thread

For a cheesey but a somewhat weird way we probably can all relate to movie - Noobz... Its not the best movie but its about these guys who play gears of war on xbox and go to a competition.

I highly recommend you all watching a tv show called "The League" - It is about these friends who play fantasy football together and has actual nfl players and coaches on the show from time to time. It is extremely funny and has a crude sense of humor.

Definitely "Sons of Anarchy". And plus for major laugh and cheese factor, "Mystery Science Theater 3000". Obviously you also have most of "Breaking Bad" to watch on instant as well as originals like "House of Cards". I'm always overwhelmed at how much there is to watch and I don't see that changing any time soon.

You all should check out Batman Beyond on the netflix instant stream. It is a batman cartoon series from the 2000's I believe. There are a lot of entertaining episodes and the design of the characters is pretty cool. Nice animation, illustration and use of color. I didn't expect the series to be so well written and formulated. There are some dud episodes but the majority of them are entertaining.

I just noticed recently that Boondock Saints is now on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, that movie will take you to a completely different dimension of badass.

I highly suggest Doctor Who. You will want to start with the reboot from 2005-Present. Doctor number 9. It takes a bit to get into...but picks up. Chris Eccleston is the Doctor. Does a great job. The production doesn't have as much money in it...but I learned to appreciate that. Seasons 2-4 are flat out Fantastic. If you give the first reboot season a chance, 2-4 will hook you. David Tennant is hands down amazing. He made me fall in love with the show.

There are some stand alone episodes. Ultimately there is an ongoing story. The experience of watching the reboot seasons start to finish is one of the best experiences of my life. I wish I had the opportunity to do it again.

I recently did the same thing myself. Although I did not see the show before I started watching. I have been relying on Netflix so much since I cut the cord with cable. Scrubs is one of my all time favorite shows now due to Netflix. Hadn't watched that one bit when it was on the air. I missed out.

I utilize Netflix for the documentaries but you were really asking more for a television series, weren't you? As of late, I found myself running through the Justice League cartoon from the 90's that was on Fox Kids. It is such a solid piece of work. I wish they had Batman: The Animated Series. I absolutely adored that cartoon. I would love it if they could stream a fistful of animated 90's series that are out there. It would guarantee my allegiance to their empire.

I'm currently watching Raising Hope on Netflix. I find it to be one of the funniest TV shows I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It's pretty much about an extremely dysfunctional family from Washington. The comedy ranges from slapstick, to witty, to dark, to light. It's really all over the place. I highly recommend Raising Hope.

I watched all the seasons of Kitchen Nightmares available on Netflix. It's a reality show based on Restaurants that are going under and have major issues. Gordon Ramsey who is a world renowned chef goes to the restaurants and pretty much overhauls the entire thing. I enjoy how he cuts through all the BS of the owners, managers and chefs that run the restaurants. He is very blunt with his opinions and likes to yell and curse a lot. It is very entertaining but can get repetitive. Watch in small doses.

My SO and I just recently watched a couple of the Disney Tinkerbell movies. What, don't judge! She twisted my arm okay? ha.

Anyway, they're actually fairly entertaining, better than what I would expect from a 'made for tv' movie. I doubt most adults would really enjoy them, but my SO and I are kids at heart and they were fun. I definitely recommend them to anyone with children especially. :)

Latley in the "Most popular on Netflix" tab I've been seeing a ton of anime on that list. Now I watch a lot of anime so I like that its being more accepted as a legitmate form of entertainment and not just "cartoons". But I'm not sure if its just showing me anime on the top list because I watch so much of it. Does it show almost half of the shows in the most popular list as anime to you guys as well?

I like to watch a bunch if random stuff. I really like the selection of foreign films and documentaries. Off the top of my head, a couple of things I would recommend would watching are The Kite Runner, The Devils Devil, and Black is the New Orange (a made for Netflix series ).

I forgot about cartoons and House of Cards. I want to get around to Orange is the New Black.

I love the Marvel-DC stuff on Netflix. That's most of my viewing and whatever blaxploitation and 80s martial arts films there are.

I catch comedies, some sitcoms, and a couple of drama series on Netflix. There's really too much stuff on there. I'll try to binge one week and find something I want to watch in the middle of binging.

Back