New xbox

Ericfx1984

I was trying to decide what type of Xbox to get... It really only had a $200 budget,

I figured I could stretch that get a series s, but then I'm stuck with purchasing new games, I didn't like that idea

So then there was the Xbox one original

The Xbox One s and the Xbox One X

The original was kind of big and since I'm in pretty cramped living quarters at the moment I didn't think that made sense

So that narrowed it down to the Xbox One s and the Xbox One s... The relatively small and both of them have an optical disk drive

I happened to find a used Xbox One X with a wireless controller that had stick drift and eight games that we were interested in

We bought a 1 TB solid state drive for $55

And then the next day we found three Xbox one wireless controllers that were untested

We got them home and one of the controllers has stick drift, but the other two seem to work perfectly fine aside from a headphone jack having a headphone plug broke off in it

All together we spent $189

It took about 45 minutes to get the Xbox One X working with the solid state drive... The trickiest part was figuring out where my tools were so that I could open up the console

We did an offline update and everything seems to work perfectly fine

I feel like for $189 and two working controllers and eight games that we did pretty good

We're not super interested in extremely modern games, so this should work out just fine for us

Back