Xbox One Next Gen NBA 2K14 Gameplay and Graphics

AthleticTypist

Note: I don't have the post count to link the trailer, but you can easily find it on youtube

This game is looking amazing. For any true NBA fan like myself, this is a must have on a launch day. The animations are actually looking lifelike. My only concern, which deals with my bias against certain players, is the game focuses so much on LeBron James. There was some bonus content revealed and this is what it consists of:

"Pre-order 2k14 and get the “King James Bonus Pack,” which includes virtual currency (10,000), extra content on the “Path to Greatness,” James unlocked in “Blacktop” mode, and an all-new James signature move."

Those features don't interest me at all, as I'm not the biggest LeBron fan in the world. Hopefully the emphasis on LeBron James, who is also on the cover, won't take away from the experience.

Here's the gameplay video and trailer if anyone is interested:

[video=youtube;_osh4gRHXCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_osh4gRHXCI[/video]

The graphics look pretty cool, but it doesn't look next-gen. I've seen better trailer videos that have superior graphics compared to this. Still looks decent though.

I was kind of bummed out by 2k13, so I'm hoping this will be an improvement. The graphics seem decent, but it's the gameplay I'm more concerned about. Time will tell.

I am going to have to agree with sc_shark. NBA games have never interested me. I might play them with a friend for a lack of better things to do, but otherwise, I have no desire to play.

I have to admit that the attention to detail in designing faces was upgraded this year. That REALLY looked like LeBron.. not a reasonable facsimile, but an actual replica. But those kinds of things, while they do add to the non-game experience(like My Career cutscenes and such) don't add too much to the actual game play itself.. the looks aren't going to draw new fans in, it'll just pander to the old fans. Like Me. haha. It IS amazing to see the guys as they look in the real world though, I'm not trying to marginalize how incredible that is.

The graphics look good, but whats the sense in polishing a turd? its still a turd

I honestly think it is looking good.
Might buy it straight away this time!
Looks like a must buy for me.

Back