Xbox 360 No XBox Live connect

Eric Jansen

I'm at the end of my rope. I have tried every possible suggestion, thread, tech support chat (even stumped XBox's own support), ANYTHING to get XBox live to connect. It had been working for over 4 years without a problem and now nothing. It is a wired Ethernet connection. Here's what's been done (to best of my memory, if you ask another one not on here I guarantee I've done that too):

error: 8015190E

On the Network Settings, it connects to the network and the internet. It then shows a red X next to the Live connection. On this screen however there is no error code, it only shows the one ablve when trying to connect to an avatar.

Multiple router resets
cleared cache of all hard drives, multiple times
router settings, made sure firewall settings lowest
router settings, UPnP off/on routine shown on several pages in answer to this problem
router unplug cycle, multiple times, multiple durations
deleted primary profile. which now totally sucks because I can't get connected to get it back again!
removed XBox update and downloaded to USB and reinstalled again.
tried connecting via wi fi instead of direct, still didn't work
howled at the moon
balanced a ball on my nose, spun around, and prayed.

nothing, nothing, NOTHING works. Is it possible that it is a physical XBox issue, a fried capacitor or something? Based on everything else that's the only thing I can come up with. A problem with the router doesn't make sense because 1) it was working for 4 years and absolutely nothing changed, and 2) there is a DirecTV, Roku,and DVD player hooked to ethernet without any problem. Does anyone here have any ideas that I'm not thinking of. BTW this is the old style white XBox 360 with a 250GB external (yes I tried unhooking that too) that has worked flawlessly for years.

thanks!

This is one of those frustrating scenarios that I found myself just way too much with my X Box 360. It has gotten a lot better with the X Box One but I still have some issues. I always used to wonder if it was some of my cables or my internet connection but I ended up trying it everywhere and coming to the unfortunate conclusion.

Back