Xbox One Only Xbox One Day One Edition Pre-Orders Get Free FIFA 14

NatureSun

As you may know it was previously stated that EU versions of Xbox One will be getting a free FIFA 14 game with the console at launch. However, Microsoft has now clarified that this is only for the special Day One Edition of the pre-orders of the Xbox One.

Microsoft has clarified that only pre-orders of the Xbox One Day One Edition will come with a free copy of FIFA 14. When it was announced at Gamescom that anyone who pre-ordered the Xbox One would receive a free copy of FIFA 14, it was assumed that this applied to all pre-orders of the console, not just the Day One Edition. Indeed, a tweet from the official Xbox account confirmed this.

It's now been clarified however that this isn't the case. Microsoft's social marketing manager Graeme Boyd tweeted earlier today that only European pre-orders of the Day One Edition of the Xbox One will be eligible for the free copy of FIFA 14.
Source: IGN

Dang...I am an xbox guy but man...talk about a play on words. They really poofed that one. I don't know why they just didn't say that from the start lol

I actually assumed as much, but I'm always pessimistic.

I wish they would actually offer a good game for the release of a console. If I got a game like NBA 2K14 bundled with my system I would absolutely love Microsoft for it. If only they actually did so.

I thought it was a bundle, but oh well, i guess this will already catch those who want the game in next-gen.

Back