Original Playstation Games

I

Isabella

Does anyone here still own any original Playstation games? I still have a handful of them myself, but nowhere near as many as I had when the Playstation was still new. Now, all I have left of my collection are a few Tomb Raiders, some of the earliest Resident Evils and the first Sims game that came out for consoles.

What about you?

I don't have any PS1 games anymore. Over time, I traded all of mine in towards the purchase of other games. There are a few games that I wish I still had, like the very first Resident Evil (Do you have that one?) and the first Metal Gear Solid, but for the most part, I don't really miss any of those old games, because the graphics and audio quality were so poor in comparison to today's games.

I don't really miss any of those old games, because the graphics and audio quality were so poor in comparison to today's games.

^ I know what you mean, Morris Code. Graphics and audio quality are both improving so quickly that games that are even just a few years old can't compare to games that are being released today. Still, there are some really good, older games out there, so I kept a few of my favorite PS1 games. I wish some of the long-running franchise games would re-release their oldest games as updated versions for the new consoles, the way Tomb Raider did with Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

I still play Battlefront 2 from the PS2, probably my favorite old game.... not much on anything older than that.

I don't have any original Playstation games anymore, although I still have a lot of PS2 games. To be completely honest, I never had very many original Playstation games, because I didn't really get into video games (heavily) until the PS2 came out.

Isabella, I'm very much like you in so far as I still have a few PSX games, but nowhere near the number that I had back in the console's heyday! I can't even say that I've kept the classics because the ones I have are just games that I really enjoyed 'back in the day', like Pacman World, Resident Evil 2 (first game I ever completed) and Gran Turismo.

I still have some original Playstation games!! In fact, I just bought 3 PSX games less than a month ago. We have a mom-and-pop type, vintage video games store here in town and they have GREAT deals on older games, all the way back to Atari. The graphics of the PSX games are horrible in comparison to today's 360 games, but it's still fun to play them, especially when you can get them so cheap!!

I think the first 3 Resident Evil games were the best ones in the entire franchise. I remember I used to have many sleepless nights after playing RE 2 all day long on my Playstation. Another favorite was (and still is) Tekken 3.

The early silent hill and resident evils use to scare the shit out of me

legit couldnt play at night lol

on nintendo it was Dr mario, super mario, fcking batman was suhweet

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY!

MONKEYS RIDING RHINOS LOL

I still have some PS2 including Guitar Hero. The keys on the guitar are all kinds of sticky now. :(

We still have all of our old PS1 and PS2 games somewhere. I don't think we ever bothered to sell/trade them because most of the places around here don't want old games like that. I remember ages ago my mom was offered a lot of money for her Final Fantasy 7 game, but she kept it. We still have all the Tomb Raiders, Resident Evils, Crash, Spyro, Twisted Metal, etc.

We still have all of our old PS1 and PS2 games somewhere. I don't think we ever bothered to sell/trade them because most of the places around here don't want old games like that. I remember ages ago my mom was offered a lot of money for her Final Fantasy 7 game, but she kept it. We still have all the Tomb Raiders, Resident Evils, Crash, Spyro, Twisted Metal, etc.

ahhhhh Spyro.....memories......Twisted Metal would be forbidden in our house now as the wife is afraid of clowns. *sigh*

I still have a lot of PS1 games in my place! My RPG wouldn't be complete without the console that produced the best RPGs in the history of gaming. My favorite will always be Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 of course, Lunar Silver Star Story, and Xenogears. This is the main reason why I bought a PS3. I had do much fun playing Final fantasy 9 when I was a kid, though I hated some of the boss because I hate losing.

Noooooooope. I went and ripped all my copies so I could play them on an emulator and just sold the copies to buy new games. I did end up buying Final Fantasy IX from the PSN Store during the recent sale, JUST so I can play it on my Vita.

I replayed RE2 about a year back. Thinking of firing up the old FF7. I'm really into playing the classics.

I have a ton. Here are some of my favorites:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and Tactics
Silent Hill
Resident Evil 2 & 3 - I also played a lot of Survivor, but in hindsight, it's not such a good game
Mega Man X4, X5, and I guess X6 even if it was mediocre
Dino Crisis
Spyro the Dragon
Bloody Roar
THPS 2
Castlevania SOTN

I really feel like I'm leaving out some amazing games, but I didn't want to name my entire library of PS1 games, anyway. I also reminded myself that I need to get a copy of Chrono Cross sometime soon.

I used to have the old Jurassic Park game on PS. What I wouldn't do for that game again, I spent hours with that thing. Someone needs to reboot the JP franchise on systems, who doesn't love shooting dinosaurs? That never goes out of style.

I used to have the old Jurassic Park game on PS. What I wouldn't do for that game again, I spent hours with that thing. Someone needs to reboot the JP franchise on systems, who doesn't love shooting dinosaurs? That never goes out of style.

This is why people keep asking for a FarCry 3 DLC that adds dinosaurs! It would be amazing.

Back