Please make news submitting process easier for us

wowtgp

As a new member of this community, I find it really difficult to submit news and reviews here. Please make it easier so that I can submit news without any hitch.

they have it setup decently after you get use to it.

it usually goes like this.

u find an article you need to copy past a portion of the article highlighting the key points...
keep it short and sweet
this button is top right on quick reply box.

you than copy paste the link with the full article with a via: (insert link hear)

you than have to give an opinion on the subject... be in positive or negative maybe its something they are lacking or some trend you see... and post it.

than u wait for the mods to approve said post.. their are members who are on allot during the day and usually get the news stuff up fast.... as they come in they get approved... u may feel like yours got overlooked but odds are it may have been addressed or posted earlier... i have had this problem where someone posted a few minutes before me and stole my glory of the post.:(

but really it is nice and keeps the clutter and mutiple posts on same article or identical articles from 3-15 diffrent news feeds from filling up the subforum.

i know it seems odd but once u get use to the layout of how it works its quite easy... trust me i got denied and pmed on how to properly post in the news stuff by modds a few times till i got it right.

they have it setup decently after you get use to it.

it usually goes like this.

u find an article you need to copy past a portion of the article highlighting the key points... this button is top right on quick reply box.

you than copy paste the link with the full article with a via: (insert link hear)

you than have to give an opinion on the subject... be in positive or negative maybe its something they are lacking or some trend you see... and post it.

than u wait for the mods to approve said post.. their are members who are on allot during the day and usually get the news stuff up fast.... as they come in they get approved... u may feel like yours got overlooked but odds are it may have been addressed or posted earlier... i have had this problem where someone posted a few minutes before me and stole my glory of the post.:(

but really it is nice and keeps the clutter and mutiple posts on same article or identical articles from 3-15 diffrent news feeds from filling up the subforum.

i know it seems odd but once u get use to the layout of how it works its quite easy... trust me i got denied and pmed on how to properly post in the news stuff by modds a few times till i got it right.

Appreciate your response so much. I think, I will give it another go to see how it fares this time around. I hope it gets approved by mods :)

honestly the modds are decent... trust me i had a heck of a time posting my first few news/rumors the modds pmed me with the proper way and broke down my post and showed me what i needed to do... im not saying mess up on purpose but dont feel bad if it dosnt go thru... again i have had a handfull not go thru due to improper format or someone beat me to the draw.

Its done like this because the admin(s) want news posted a specific way like @sc_shark stated. It also helps combat spam and people from posting in the forum just for attention rather than posting something newsworthy.

No kidding, right? No worries. Just banned the dude.

As far as posting news, they biggest thing, and I've even caught myself about to do it, is to make sure there aren't any previous posts about the news item. We really hate deleting posts where the author has a great write up and you can tell they spent a decent amount of time writing a thoughtful, insightful post just because someone else already posted the same item a little earlier. Grammar, punctuation, proofreading is always appreciated and you needn't make your write up short, but keep the quoted text to no more than two paragraphs. I actually LOVE a good write up and feel free to get info from multiple sources, or add pictures/video if you'd like. I usually state the facts and then add my own opinion to my news/rumors posts. Any questions, feel free to PM me!

No kidding, right? No worries. Just banned the dude.

As far as posting news, they biggest thing, and I've even caught myself about to do it, is to make sure there aren't any previous posts about the news item. We really hate deleting posts where the author has a great write up and you can tell they spent a decent amount of time writing a thoughtful, insightful post just because someone else already posted the same item a little earlier. Grammar, punctuation, proofreading is always appreciated and you needn't make your write up short, but keep the quoted text to no more than two paragraphs. I actually LOVE a good write up and feel free to get info from multiple sources, or add pictures/video if you'd like. I usually state the facts and then add my own opinion to my news/rumors posts. Any questions, feel free to PM me!

yea i am still getting the swing of it and get pms from the modds. my recent trend was posting links/quotes in threads(news and non) and not putting my opinion on it. some of the topics i had no feeling on. i also have gotten nailed for my grammer/spelling and punctuation or writing in short words.

i agree tho the way the news works is a great way. if it was open to public we would have a flood of the same data as people ran into it. we already get this with the xbox live gold free games. ive seen 3-4 posts/topics about the 2 free games. one usually ends up in news/rumors one ends up in 360 games and one ends up in live.

i like the way this forum works and is setup... its why i joined hear. people seem to be decent and open minded it seems we have a decent core guys/girls who post. i know i try and keep topics going or get to news stuff as fast as possible.

Thanks for the excellent feedback regarding submitting reviews and other info. It was a little confusing at first but I seem to be getting the hang of it thanks to all of the info everyone passed on!

Back