Pokemon X and Y

Dame6089

Pokemon X and Y released worldwide on Saturday. Who picked up a copy and what do you think so far? I just got mine. I haven't gotten too far yet. It is refreshing to see a change. I notice that I am still not comfortable with moving in more than 4 directions in a Pokemon game though.

I dont have a 3ds, but am considering to look into getting one to get back into the groove on pocket gaming and playing pokemon. I mean I was a child of the generation of it, so i might as well keep up!

By the looks of it and the reviews my friends tell me, it's really good. I don't have a 3DS either, but now i'm considering it just for Pokemon alone. I've grown up playing Pokemon and it has been a major impact on my childhood. Who says you're ever too old to play Pokemon?

My friend managed to get the game and play all the way through it through the weekend. He said he really enjoyed it and there is still a lot to do post end game. At least for me i think this generation of Pokemons ain't that much retarded compared to the previous one.

I'm only a few hours in, but I love it so far. The 3D models look great. And they have streamlined a lot of little things that maybe only hardcore Pokemon players would notice. There are a few problems with the 3D models sometimes though. I find my character getting stuck on edges that he shouldn't. Overall though, it has been outstanding so far.

This game is nothing like what was a 2d pixelated game that rocked my entire childhood. I'm not saying the improvements are bad, as at the moment, the world of gaming is evolving into a 3D world. But you just done get that old school gaming feeling.

This game is nothing like what was a 2d pixelated game that rocked my entire childhood. I'm not saying the improvements are bad, as at the moment, the world of gaming is evolving into a 3D world. But you just done get that old school gaming feeling.

They really make an effort to appeal to people who haven't played since the originals in Pokemon X and Y. You get to pick one of the original starters and there are tons of gen 1 pokemon in the area. If you haven't played since gen 1, this is a good game to pick up.

I don't have a 3DS, but from everyone that I've talked to I'm yet to hear any real complaints. Although apparently there was some sort of glitch where if you saved in a particular city it screwed your game up.

I don't have a 3DS, but from everyone that I've talked to I'm yet to hear any real complaints. Although apparently there was some sort of glitch where if you saved in a particular city it screwed your game up.

Yeah there is a massive city called Lumiose. Nintendo released a patch for it, but basically if you saved in an alley in the city, there was a chance that the game file would end up corrupt.

It's very good, but I've only been able to try it out since I don't have a 3DS myself. Just messed with it on a friend's 3DS.

I've heard the post-game is ridiculously barren, though. I hope that's fixed with the possible third release (Z???????)

Graphics wise, it was obvious that X and Y would be the best of the whole series. It was refreshing to see that they got rid of the sprites while still keeping a similar feel for the Pokemon. My only regret with this game is the lack of post game content, but then again it would be hard to compete with Gen 2 and the whole new region players could explore when beating the league. I was half hoping they would use this idea again for this gen, even in the form of DLCs.

Graphics wise, it was obvious that X and Y would be the best of the whole series. It was refreshing to see that they got rid of the sprites while still keeping a similar feel for the Pokemon. My only regret with this game is the lack of post game content, but then again it would be hard to compete with Gen 2 and the whole new region players could explore when beating the league. I was half hoping they would use this idea again for this gen, even in the form of DLCs.

I have to agree. The lack of post game really disappointed me. With that said, the main play through was one of the most enjoyable in the series. I would still give the edge to Gen 2 though as the best in the series.

Unfortunately I stopped following the trend after Nintendo announced they wouldn't further support the older hand-helds. Me, being a young teenager back then, wasn't able to purchase the new hand-held so I had to stick to the old games. However, I read a lot about the new series and I would really love to get back to the world of my beloved pocket monsters, but I don't think it would be a good idea to buy a new hand-held just to play the new game.

Many of my friends have this game. I've played a little bit of it, and the difference between it and all the previous installments is simply astonishing. They have added so much to the game while taking out nothing that made it fantastic in the first place. The Friend Code Safari thing is a great idea, encouraging people to link up with each other to advance their Pokedex. It's a great game.

The Friend Code Safari thing is a great idea, encouraging people to link up with each other to advance their Pokedex. It's a great game.
Don't forget about the "wondertrade" feature. If you have an internet connection you can exchange pokemons all over the world, but you never know with whom you are exchanging or what pokemon you'll get in return.
You might get a very common monster in return, or a very rare one.

I just picked this up less than a week ago, and I'm highly impressed. The training feature reminds me of Monster Rancher, and I think that any change that brings those two games closer together is amazing. I'm a big MR fan! The graphics are incredible, and while I'm playing I feel like we have almost finally go the Pokemon MMO everyone wanted- with all the online features it could almost be considered an MMO where you play in your own instances. I also really like how they included first generation pokemon, and I think that will help a lot of people be drawn in to the game who otherwise might not be interested in playing a whole new game with unfamiliar mons.

I remember buying a 3DS when I first heard about this game over a year ago, Then I bought it as soon as it was available. Then after playing the game for a couple of hours I remembered that I'm not really into the grind anymore and I stopped playing. Then I switched out my whole team, because that game starts you off with some really strong Pokemon, and its been more fun since. I still haven't finished it yet, but I'm playing through it slowly to enjoy the experience more.

I just picked this up less than a week ago, and I'm highly impressed. The training feature reminds me of Monster Rancher, and I think that any change that brings those two games closer together is amazing. I'm a big MR fan! The graphics are incredible, and while I'm playing I feel like we have almost finally go the Pokemon MMO everyone wanted- with all the online features it could almost be considered an MMO where you play in your own instances. I also really like how they included first generation pokemon, and I think that will help a lot of people be drawn in to the game who otherwise might not be interested in playing a whole new game with unfamiliar mons.

This deserved double likes. I LOVE Monster Rancher. I always felt that Pokemon could've taken a lot from that series that could stretch their games out because you've beaten the Elite 4 and your rival that was it. Catching all the Pokemon was just a means to filling out the game. The main thing from MR were the tournaments. Pokemon should've had those and the Pokemon League from the original TV series...just randomize trainers and parties. Use the Pokemon Stadium set up for tournaments if needed.

I also liked G1 monsters being included. While I never stopped playing, I stopped caring about the specific monsters after Gold/Silver. "Just give me my water type and fighting type and let me go to mandatory gyms, go through mandatory caves, and fight mandatory Team Rocket and rivals," was my routine.

Monster Rancher was an awesome franchise. Still is, actually. I loved the ones on PS1 and GBA. Like the Digimon games MR pops up when you least expect it. I hope that it being on mobile now doesn't stop another MR coming out on 3DS.

Monster Rancher will hit 3DS eventually. No one ever sees MR coming. When Namco Bandai gets a break from Tekken and Tekken With Swords, they'll get on MR.

Back