Xbox One Project Spark Open Beta Now Available

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Though slightly later than promised, the beta is now available on console having first appear on Windows 8.1 devices back in December. Anyone who participated in the PC beta should have automatic access to the Xbox One version, though anyone can sign up and get a key.

Cross-platform support and Cloud Saves mean that you'll be able to create something on a Windows 8.1 device then test it out on Xbox One and vice versa.

The game is expected to be released later this year. There are also reports of an Xbox 360 version, though we don't know of any beta plans for the platform just yet.

Source: IGN

Well it's about time! It should be interesting to see all the crazy creations people will make by this weekend and it will keep me entertained until the release of Titanfall. Are you guys planning on testing this out? Will you be creating your own stuff or just play testing what other people have done? Let us know in the comments.

Question, I did get an invite for the PC... Can I use the same key for the XB1 beta or do I have to wait to receive another email? Also, how do we acquire the download for the XB1?

J

This is awesome news, ive been hangin out for this for a while now. Im glad you posted this Kn1ghtmare otherwise i would have probably not realized, as far as im aware or at least for me, there was no new email or code sent to me which is what i was expecting. So thanks :)
I set this up to dl before i left for work this morning so i can stuff around with it tonight when i get home, I remember spending hours with the FC map editer stuffing around and making different maps which was heaps of fun, and this is on a whole new level ! :)

Question, I did get an invite for the PC... Can I use the same key for the XB1 beta or do I have to wait to receive another email? Also, how do we acquire the download for the XB1?

J

I belive it should work with the same key you got for the win8 beta.

What I did was, i went to the project spark webpage (not the joinprojectspark.com) and i clicked on the link to redeem a beta key, it asked me to sign in to my microsoft account then took me back to the project spark page, there is a link for 'get it on xbox one' which takes you to the marketplace page to 'buy' it (its free) , did that, signed in on my xbox one and went to games/apps .. on the very right where the list for 'ready to install' is, project spark was in there and i just selected it and it started downloading. Hope that helps.

Yeah, I have the same question in mind.

What I did was, i went to the project spark webpage (not the joinprojectspark.com) and i clicked on the link to redeem a beta key, it asked me to sign in to my microsoft account then took me back to the project spark page, there is a link for 'get it on xbox one' which takes you to the marketplace page to 'buy' it (its free) , did that, signed in on my xbox one and went to games/apps .. on the very right where the list for 'ready to install' is, project spark was in there and i just selected it and it started downloading. Hope that helps.

Did it today and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

I belive it should work with the same key you got for the win8 beta.k

Thanks Dable for your help. Wasn't clear from the IGN article how to do this!

J

I've already been seeing some games made with this beta. Can you believe minecraft is recreated? hAHAHA.

Project Spark has always intrigued me and I really want to know more about it. It seems pretty cool and I'm wondering just how much we can really do with it. It has potential to be endlessly engaging and something to come back to when there are lulls between releases. Something I've always believed that ever console needs.

Project Spark has always intrigued me and I really want to know more about it. It seems pretty cool and I'm wondering just how much we can really do with it. It has potential to be endlessly engaging and something to come back to when there are lulls between releases. Something I've always believed that ever console needs.

This might just be the new minecraft. I agree with you man.

Agreed. There's a lot of cool stuff this game's got. I mean, from the way you set the AI to the endless supply of assets you can use, PS is that game that will have you play more games and create more games. It's a game you can spend time with and still find something new everytime.

Agreed. There's a lot of cool stuff this game's got. I mean, from the way you set the AI to the endless supply of assets you can use, PS is that game that will have you play more games and create more games. It's a game you can spend time with and still find something new everytime.

I didn't have the chance to try the beta before but I'm really excited for this game.

Yo, when's the beta done for you my friend? We haven't heard from you yet about your beta.

Yeah men. Beta, beta, where's the beta? Give us an update. It's only like, 500mb so I'm sure you have the spare time to download it.

Yeah men. Beta, beta, where's the beta? Give us an update. It's only like, 500mb so I'm sure you have the spare time to download it.

Hey there dood. I answered this on another thread but let me say it again: I'm going to try downloading it again in the other account I share with the laptop I'm using. hopefully, it'll work this time.

Hey there dood. I answered this on another thread but let me say it again: I'm going to try downloading it again in the other account I share with the laptop I'm using. hopefully, it'll work this time.

If that's successful tell us. I'd love to work it on my 2 computers.

I got the project on my laptop. I didn't get very far. Now I see its added to the Xbox One console and I'm waiting for the beta key to come. With all this time I have on my hands I just may be able to come up with something. There are some beautifully rendered games on the project. Vancover school of animation wants upwards of $12,800.00 per semester to teach this and the project has just lain it in our laps. This will be a very interesting enterprise.

Back