Xbox One Project Spark Xbox One beta arriving in January

Claptrap

The game creation sandbox Project Spark will launch its Xbox One beta in January 2014. A Windows 8 version of the beta is due to arrive in late October 2013.

According to Digital Spy, Microsoft Game Studios general manager Dave McCarthy claims everything will be fully playable during the next-gen console beta. You can register for the beta here.

"You'll be able to either use that Crossroads mode to build something really quickly through story choices, you can do the blank slate editor, or you can take games that other people have built and then just edit them for yourself," he said.

Project Spark is coming to the PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The Xbox One version will include exclusive features, including the recently announced ability to use the software and Kinect as a living room "mocap studio."

Source: Project Spark Xbox One beta arriving in January | Joystiq

Thanks for posting this, as I was wondering if we would ever hear anymore news regarding this project. I'll definitely make sure to keep an eye out for it when it is released in January. The preview that was shown at E3 was pretty cool, but I'm more so eager to try the game out first hand.

I for one am really intrigued. Let's see how it plays when beta arrives. Thanks for posting it :)

Oh, i didn't knew about being released on Xbox 360 and PC, that is cool i guess, but i thought it was going to be an exclusive. Oh well, at least it will have exclusive stuff attached to it. Will the different versions going to be able to interact with each other?

Thanks for the link - I am definitely going to sign up for this one. I hope I'm not too late. By the way, does anyone know how many beta testers are normally accepted to test out a new game?

Back