Xbox One [Rumor] Increased GPU clock and an increase to 12GB RAM

ozadin

Original Specs for GPU - AMD GPU with a 12 Compute Unit GCN configuration (768 shader cores)
Original RAM - 32MB eSRAM and 8 GB DDR3 (Unified; see below)

If they do decide to implement it, their specs will be way better, but they don't have much time left. After changing the policies, they had to deprogram and reprogram everything, I wonder if they'll do this in time. I'm having doubts that they didn't even finish the full product yet.

As rumors are continually made about a change in the final specs on the Xbox One we have now heard rumors from a member on the website Beyond3D that Microsoft is actually asking developers about an increased GPU upclock and a increase in total DDR3 RAM to 12GB.

Via : Xbox Uncut

RUMOR: MSFT consulting devs on possible GPU upclock/additional RAM

Rumors are abound on b3d and a few other places about a possible upclock to the GPU, but now there's a rumor on an additional 4GB of RAM. This is corroborated by multiple posters on b3d. Here's an article for it.

"Devs have to list which spec changes they prefer in order of importance. So nothing is confirmed as of yet, just options MS is getting feedback on.

However, I do have someone else telling me (also from a dev source) that we shouldn’t be surprised to see 12GB of RAM in the final box and that it isn’t as hard for MS to do as we think.”

Merged thread~Pbescabar7

I'm pretty sure that I read on a couple other blogs that Microsoft was thinking about increasing the specs of the One after PS 4's specs were a little less foggy. I don't blame them since PS 4's price is lower and its performance (at least from blogs) has a chance of being better. That being said, PS has had issues with downloads, updates and DLC acquisition being hard on their own internal systems. It causes a bad user experience. I can see them doing everything in their power to stop themselves from falling into a hardware bottleneck.

I guess we'll see what comes our way.

These are rumors so they should be taken with a grain of salt and don't ya'll get your hopes up. Would be cool if true, but it would suck if you believed it and then it wasn't true.

Back