Xbox 360 Scariest, most horrifying, most mortifying Xbox 360 games?

Dockings

There's a special version SH2 called Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams that was released for the XBOX, just tested and it seems to work fine on the 360. Silent Hill 4 works as well, though it's not quite up to the same standards, it's still a very unique and worthwhile experience.

Also, The Thing is supposed to be very good as well, though I haven't played it myself.

To me, the Bioshock series comes to mind, especially the first one. It's not necessarily the game that's really scary, but the atmosphere. An underwater dystopia, the crazy drug addicts trying to kill you, the innocent little sisters guarded by their big daddies. It's a game that really sticks with you, the storytelling is just so superb. I guess the game leans a bit more towards "creepy" rather than "'scary", but I think it still fits the category. Plus, it's a fantastic game with plenty of replay value. I've also heard good things about Condemned: Criminal Origins, but I've never played it so I can't say much.

To me, the Bioshock series comes to mind, especially the first one. It's not necessarily the game that's really scary, but the atmosphere. An underwater dystopia, the crazy drug addicts trying to kill you, the innocent little sisters guarded by their big daddies. It's a game that really sticks with you, the storytelling is just so superb. I guess the game leans a bit more towards "creepy" rather than "'scary", but I think it still fits the category. Plus, it's a fantastic game with plenty of replay value. I've also heard good things about Condemned: Criminal Origins, but I've never played it so I can't say much.

I know, this is a great suggestion. The Bioshock series is fantastic and I haven't played it in a while but I think I will start again. The game is very interesting and it makes you think.

I will second that the first Bioshock is creepy and scary. The 2nd one isn't, though. You're a Big Daddy. One of your hands is a GIANT DRILL and you're resilient as hell. How can you fear anything when you're a well-oiled killing machine!? Plus, the 1st Bioshock had more dark areas and stuff like those statues. I haven't played Infinite, but I doubt it's creepy since it seems to be in broad daylight most of the time and in an open city. In Bioshock it feels like you're trapped in Rapture and everything wants to kill you and it's so dark that you are always expecting a surprise attack. It's tense.

I think the only possible answer would be Condemned: Criminal Origins.

For the people who played the game, you know what i am talking about. That damn bear still haunts me from time to time!

Resident Evil 5.

To be honest: I didn't find Dead Space even scary. I heard from reviews from critics and friends saying it was scary, but nothing more than just pop-ups. What gets me up and running is Condemned: Criminal Origins.

I got freaked out playing the first Bioshock, but it was more of an adrenaline rush thing. When I played Restless Dreams though, I played it with all the lights out in the middle of the night. Scared the crap out of me. Loved it.

I've gotta say Dead Space was the scariest game I have ever played so far. It's the only game I have ever actually jumped up from my couch. But I do find Silent Hill pretty friggin scary. Honestly I don't like playing scary games at all.

The silent hill series comes to mind when you mention scary. But when it comes to atmosphere, I'd say the first time I played Bioshock really set the standard for me. When it comes to shock value, Dead Space takes the throne. Condemned Origins was just plain creepy and different. But my most scariest horrifying mortifying xbox game would be Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Play it and tell me it doesn't top Bioshock, Dead Space, Silent Hill, and Condemned.

Man this one night I came home after a night of zoomers with my friends. I get home play a bit of Bioshock and I got super scared. Those screaming witches freaked me out. awesome game. will play again.

Alan Wake kind of gets into my head after I play it for a certain amount of time. It's not that the game itself is creepy or anything, but at 2 in the morning when you're walking in the dark after a good long Alan Wake session, you start seeing things in the dark that probably don't exist.... Combine that with a windy day when things are flying through the air in your direction right as soon as a streetlight goes out... yea. That was some creepy stuff. I never made that trip to 711 again.

I think Fallout 3 had it's moments, especially in some of the vaults. But, like others in the thread said, Bioshock can be a pretty spooky game as long as you aren't someone who is jaded and just doesn't really get immersed in intense games. Just the small stuff they had in that game, like the tapes, just made the whole game creepy in a good way, unlike some games that rely on jump scares in order to get some fear out of the player.

For me it is definitely the Silent hill games, they had me shitting bricks every second! I would be hella scared then I would be laughing at my self after a scream like a girl.

To me, the horror genre has been dry this gen, but I never did give Dead Space an honest try. I wasn't impressed by Condemned, but I did play it late in the gen, and it was the gameplay that felt weak to me; the atmosphere and horror elements are well-executed. Bioshock certainly has creepy aspects to it, and as others have said, it is mostly the atmosphere that is responsible for this. However, there was one part at Fort Frolic that made me jump, which no other game this gen has managed to do. I may pick up the Silent Hill HD collection, as I found the backwards compatibility for SH 2 to be sketchy.

I agree there's a definite creepy atmosphere...it is very well done. I'm not sure that I would say it's especially scary, though, but I see where you're coming from.

Dead Space 2...I barely managed to get through the opening gameplay when it was night-time. I had to play it with a couple of my close friends just to make it bearable. In my opinion, it's the scariest game i've ever played - in fact the Dead Space series in general is horrifying.

For me dead space was a game that creeped me out so bad that I borrowed it from a friend at 10 pm one night and gave it back to him at 10 am the next morning. #truestory

I agree with OP. SH2 was most of horrifying game I've played. I might look for more soon. I'm more interested in those Zombie and vampire games. I remember once playing a game called Vampire Hunters when I was little. Despite the enjoyment of the game, I was scared at night.

Back