Xbox One Scorpio

Norjak71

From
Michigan
Do you think they will continue to make Xbox One games once the launch of the Scorpio commences, or will they have a new line of games completely? From my understanding, it is basically the same console, as in backwards compatible, so would they make a new line of games with that title or simply keep making the ONE games that work on Scorpio. And if not, would they start to phase out Xbox One all together? I hope not, it would be silly considering the fact their is still a huge market for the last generation and most people won't have the money to upgrade right away. Thoughts?

Well, I personally think that they should not release the new console in the first place because it is probably going to be really pricey and most people that bought the Xbox ONE are not going to be too happy because Microsoft just made them spend some good cash when the ONE got released, however, I believe they will keep making games for both consoles, the only difference may be the game format and that sort of thing, that's my opinion though.

I think that they will stop making the XBox One once they launch the XBox One S but it won't be launched any time soon. The date of launch of the XBox One S is August 2017 so it's still some time away.

@SirJoe You're confused, The XBOX ONE S is not the same Scorpio ptoject, you should do some review on both.

@Casiox your right the XBox One S is to be launched still this year but we are going to have to wait a year for the Scorpio to come out. It's easy to make this mistake because it's very unusual that Microsoft launches two console so close to one another. I honestly thought that they dropped the Scorpio and replaced it with an S.

@SirJoe I actually thought the same when the information came around, however, I do not really know what Microsoft developers have in mind, for real, it's really confusing and weird.

@Casiox the launch of the XBox One S only made sense to me when I saw the news that Sony is going to launch the PlayStation 4.5 with 4k. Microsoft couldn't afford to be out of the loop until next year. I think Microsoft is going to do the same thing Sony is and market the two consoles side by side.

@SirJoe There's where you realize that Sony is way more powerful than Microsoft in many aspects, it's something difficult to understand, but that's how it is.

@Casiox unfortunately Microsoft is chasing PlayStation. I wonder with the launch of the Scorpio next year this can change and Microsoft takes the lead.

I'm not sure that I'd say that Microsoft are chasing Sony, I just think that for now, until the Scorpio comes out, they can't allow Sony to get any more of an upper hand than what they already have, so while it might seem that Microsoft are copying Sony, all they are doing is trying to make sure they are competing the best they can until the big launch.

I suppose chasing is a bit harsh but Microsoft does seem like it's trailing behind a bit. I think with the launch of the Scorpio this tendency can become inverted. We will just have to wait and see. I would like to see another company get into the mix but Nintendo seems to be going in another direction. For now it will only be Microsoft and Sony slugging it out.

Well Nintendo of course are looking at releasing the NX, but as with the Wii-U, I don't think that Nintendo are intending it to challenge the consoles that Microsoft and Sony are bringing out. It would be nice, like you say to have more than two manufacturers battling it out, but as we speak it looks like Nintendo might have given up even trying to compete and that's a shame in my opinion.

@SirJoe If the Scorpio is really going to look and work they way Microsoft is making it look like, then I definitely believe they will take the lead right away, they do have the potential for it and they probably will show it to the whole world, the players have been heard, let's see what happens next.

Well Nintendo of course are looking at releasing the NX, but as with the Wii-U, I don't think that Nintendo are intending it to challenge the consoles that Microsoft and Sony are bringing out. It would be nice, like you say to have more than two manufacturers battling it out, but as we speak it looks like Nintendo might have given up even trying to compete and that's a shame in my opinion.
I agree Nintendo is more niche orientated but there will still be a lot of people that will have to choose between the consoles since they won't be able to afford all of them. Even though it won't be a direct competitor it will still be competing for a bit of the market.

I suppose chasing is a bit harsh but Microsoft does seem like it's trailing behind a bit. I think with the launch of the Scorpio this tendency can become inverted. We will just have to wait and see. I would like to see another company get into the mix but Nintendo seems to be going in another direction. For now it will only be Microsoft and Sony slugging it out.

Wait and see is right, and I know that I am getting anxious to see how Scorpio will do. I have pretty high hopes, but I hope not too high. Microsoft is always one of those companies that seems down and then before you know it they are right back on top, so if history is any lesson something like this will happen. Things change, though, so maybe not this time. Should be interesting, and thanks for sharing.

@rz3300 It definitely will be a beast, the name says it all, however, the name will never modify any game feature or any hardware in the console, we have to wait and see.

Wait and see is right, and I know that I am getting anxious to see how Scorpio will do. I have pretty high hopes, but I hope not too high. Microsoft is always one of those companies that seems down and then before you know it they are right back on top, so if history is any lesson something like this will happen. Things change, though, so maybe not this time. Should be interesting, and thanks for sharing.
Microsoft is a very big company, they can take a flop or two and not feel it, but I don't think that the Scorpio will be a flop. It's just a pity that we have to wait such a long time for it to come after so much has been said about it.

@Casiox if the name is anything to go by, nobody will be able to use it because they will always be getting stung. :D
The name choice was good one even though it might not be venomous to it's player but to Sony it will be.

@SirJoe Well, yes, the name is good enough, it's kinda aggressive though. Hopefully they do not come up with the "only connected to the internet" thing.

@SirJoe Do you remember when MS used to say that players were going to be able to use their Xbox ONE only if they had it connected to the internet 24/7, hopefully they've learned the lesson and they will not even think about saying the same thing this time.

Back