Xbox One Seeing Some Improvement Post-Patch

SmokeNmirrors

I'm so relieved because Battlefield 4 released a patch today and I've actually seen some improvement in gameplay. Specifically, I've had a lot easier time getting in matches and, knock on wood, the game hasn't crashed any on me today. Yesterday was a completely different story. I'll bet the game crashed about ten times on me last night, until I was just about ready to break the disc in half!!!

a copy past from a post on the patch.. sorry didn't feel like retyping it.

well heck hear goes nothing.

i played bf4 for 5 hours last night... not one kick/bounce. i was able to get in the lobby's i wanted... in all i had a "great" experience playing. even got a few friend requests and guys who play allot to follow and clan up. i unlocked 4 battlepacks and stayed in conquest for the whole 5 hours no backing out or anything odd.. the genral game gltches of 2 step walking and generally bouncy frame rate were all fine.

i honestly dont think i could have had a better experience in game than last night. out of all the games we played our team lost 4 total matches.. i even got to use the "factory" headset and do chatt in game which was a first for me. i doidn't mind them at all yes i still want some turtle beach's or polk audio's but can held off for now. it is intresting how they connect to the controller.. i think it was my connnection but at times the connection on chatt was spotty but would usually clean up a few times during matches.

It's great to hear that they did well with the patch. I know EA/Dice has really been under the gun because of the epic-ly terrible launch. NOW maybe it's time for me to put down CoD and play BF4. The terrible bugs were the main reason that I had waited to play it. I had heard my hubby swearing plenty because of them and I knew that if I played, I'd be just as bad :)

It's great to hear that they did well with the patch. I know EA/Dice has really been under the gun because of the epic-ly terrible launch. NOW maybe it's time for me to put down CoD and play BF4. The terrible bugs were the main reason that I had waited to play it. I had heard my hubby swearing plenty because of them and I knew that if I played, I'd be just as bad :)

its honestly the same game but the glitch/bugs have been sorted out for the most part. if you enjoy conquest and can get on a team and do well the game just feels like it should have from launch.

i am thinking of going premium/season pass now that i can get in a lobby and stay in it. i have been on a good bit the last day and a half and just put in another 3 hours today... will probably play a bit more tonight. i have basically not played ac4 in he last week. and have put in time on forza5.

Is the crashing really that bad? I haven't had the chance to buy the game yet but I've been hearing quite a bit of negative feedback. Should I wait to buy?

Is the crashing really that bad? I haven't had the chance to buy the game yet but I've been hearing quite a bit of negative feedback. Should I wait to buy?

if you can get bf4 now is the time. they did a big patch 658mb few days back and all the crashing to dashboard and random lobby stuff is fixed(cross fingers) the game has recently come down in price on amazon iirc...
the game itself is good if you enjoy a big map fps. it does take a litle getting use to the 64 player battles and can get frustrating at first.. once you int he swing of the game and feel productive the playability and enjoyment go up dramatically.

I was only experiencing problems my 25% of the time prior to the patch, but I have zero complaints since.

I was only experiencing problems my 25% of the time prior to the patch, but I have zero complaints since.

I'm still experiencing quite a few up to now. I hope they could fix the patch soon. Either way no complaints about the game.

i still get the boot from time to time.. odd thing is sometimes i can click on the game and it loads me right back in the lobby in the next game.. at first i thought it was a lobby creator bumping me due to gamer score or something odd but it seems the patch was just a patch... i will say thothe game still plays great and my issues are no where near as often as before.

i still think conquest needs a 20v20 instead of the 64 people.. it just gets sooo cluttered and to much is happening.

it seems with the 64 base play you still get to many lone wolfs.... 20v20 would tighten it up

Back