Xbox One Skeptic about Killer Instinct

spark_777

You guys think Killer Instinct's revival will be successful? I mean, yeah, it's cool we got a fighting game that is so obscure and awesome when it was out back in the 90s and is now out for the modern gamers but I'm skeptic about the way they're doing its revival. A free downloadable game that only lets you play with one character? And you have to buy and download more characters? It was okay if they updated the game to give you more, like Tekken Revolution but this game has you cash $5 per character? Skepticism arises for me here.

I don't see it getting a full on revival. I love fighting games, but lets be honest, they aren't the big money games that they used to. There really isn't much room for more fighters besides Tekken and Soul Calibur.

I think it's a huge scam that you have to pay for additional characters on Killer Instinct.

Apparently there will be a new Mortal Kombat game coming out but that could be as late as 2015. I'll be looking forward to it.

You guys think Killer Instinct's revival will be successful? I mean, yeah, it's cool we got a fighting game that is so obscure and awesome when it was out back in the 90s and is now out for the modern gamers but I'm skeptic about the way they're doing its revival. A free downloadable game that only lets you play with one character? And you have to buy and download more characters? It was okay if they updated the game to give you more, like Tekken Revolution but this game has you cash $5 per character? Skepticism arises for me here.

i think ki was and is the perfect game for free... it is nostalgic and has a good following. allot of people are into arcade fighter and ki is not a deep game.. when i say deep i am talking marvel vs capcom or mortal combat. its a re hash of a early 90's game with few characters what 8 in total. you get 1 free character which is 1/8 of the game. think in terms of mortal combat or marvel/capcom with the numbers even tekken or soul caliber.

you can have all the playable and dlc for a decent price i guess. the biggest fear of a game like this to me would be how 20th centery they make the game.. you dont wan to build such a small character game and it be nothing like the original

I saw the video. I like the way they changed it. They added unlock-able characters (customization). It brings a whole new level to the classic 90's game. The combos is just awesome, plus the specials were enhanced with better graphics. I was quite skeptical at first because of the changes that they did to the characters, but overall, I think it's a good game.

I think the changes that they did to the game went well. I am personally into fighting games so I could say they did good in changing the classic Killer Instinct game. I played the game when I was little. Back when we had the humungous Gameboy. I like that they added custom characters and other playable characters.

If they do it well, I don't see the problem. Even if some of the original people are working on it, chances are it'll end up being a completely different game, loosely following some of the original's ideals (as it often is with reboots and remakes).

I personally see a potential here. Sure, the way they made the game and how they promote it is a bit, eh, questionable but then maybe it's one way to truly get people to play this one. I've seen the gameplay and it's got some good potential in it. There's a $40 edition that lets you have all characters, so why not? Just try it out for yourself and see if it suits you. After all, it's free with one character. You might as well try and maybe it'll change your mind.

I'll get this one. Killer Instinct was so awesome when I played it in its original form and now for it to be revived? Nice! There's some potential to it, so I know it can succeed. Maybe if they added the Twitch feature to it, more and more can see broadcasts of matches and then maybe they'll be able to buy the game, right? Right?

I thought it was fun to play and loved that it was free because I am a big cheapo. I will probably play it again soon, but am eh about having to pay for it. At this point, I have so many games I want to buy that I am going broke.

I played it a bunch of times over the weekend, the graphics are nice. You get the entire game free with 1 playable character, whats not to like.

I thought it was fun to play and loved that it was free because I am a big cheapo. I will probably play it again soon, but am eh about having to pay for it. At this point, I have so many games I want to buy that I am going broke.

Same here. I've got a long list of games that I want to buy, but where's the budget. All I can do is save money and buy what is best. But if this games goes out for free I would definitely go for it.

It was a really fun game lacking in some ways. The character selection is minimal and you'll have to pay if you want more and even then you're only paying for 2 extra characters. Maybe in the future they'll open up the roster. Their also adding in a story mode from what I've heard, but who knows when that feature is coming. It's a good distraction but I was really hoping for more when it came to Killer Instinct.

I found the game fun, but having to pay for extra characters didn't sit well with me. One of the great things about a fighting game is having a decent selection off the bat even if the selection is early 90s fighter in size.

I found the game fun, but having to pay for extra characters didn't sit well with me. One of the great things about a fighting game is having a decent selection off the bat even if the selection is early 90s fighter in size.

Well the game is fun. With new graphics and new characters and even customizations. I guess I will enjoy this more than the 90's version.

To me, this is another case where Microsoft and Rare should've just made a completely different game--the other being Nuts & Bolts. It plays and kinda looks like a Killer Instinct game, but something is missing. Most of the original Rare team left some time ago, prior to Nuts & Bolts actually.

What ThunderSteel said. The game lacked so much soul, Soul Calibur couldn't give it a soul injection. That said, it was fun in a Clay Fighter, Tekken, and Fighter's History having a three way while Killer Instinct watched from outside kind of way.

Back