Xbox One The Division May be Delayed to 2015

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
An anonymous source has claimed work on the game world has barely begun. Speaking to GameReactor, the source claimed that while the recently-demonstrated Snowdrop Engine that powers the game is close to completion, only a sliver of the actual world has been built.

While unconfirmed, it's certainly possible that the title may have slipped to 2015 considering the fate that's befallen other Ubisoft titles. Last year, the publisher said that upcoming racer The Crew would release in the first quarter of 2014, with The Division following towards the end of the year. Since then though, a number of setbacks have occurred.

Source: IGN

While very upsetting I imagine this is easily the case considering that both The Crew and Watchdogs were previously delayed. This is likely a god thing as I'm sure we all want as polished a product as possible. I'm sure we will have plenty of games to fill the gap this leaves behind. How do you guys feel about the news?

it was a late q4 2014 release tenativly anyway.. im not surprised.. if it was a march launch and pushed back i would be worried.

not surprising. Ubisoft's been delaying a lot of their games lately. Well, we'll see what they have say but considering that rumors like this come up, it may come true with Ubisoft already giving official sometime in a few weeks. We'll just wait and see.

This game didn't have much of a solid info to it. Same thing with Watch_Dogs. We didn't know much on whether it will be released until their announcement in E3. So I think we'll have an idea during E3 or during any game conference. We'll just wait. Till then, let's all play some other games then until the conferences. Heck, let's get hyped for Watch_Dogs in the meantime! We still got other games to keep us occupied.

Yeah I heard about this and that it was being delayed but I didn't mind it that much because of the amount of work that was going into making the Crew made me think that there was no way they'd be able to launch in 2014. Hopefully we here more news soon about an official release but at least we have Watch Dogs to tide us over.

Yeah I heard about this and that it was being delayed but I didn't mind it that much because of the amount of work that was going into making the Crew made me think that there was no way they'd be able to launch in 2014. Hopefully we here more news soon about an official release but at least we have Watch Dogs to tide us over.

Yup. True. Plus, there's my backlog of games. I think I can wait a while for this game to get done.

Probably they are also working on what they want with the game. Watch_Dogs for example was supposed to be a car game but it got changed. Now we'll see what they want to do with The Division.

I wouldn't mind waiting. It's not like this game is the game that will be for all. I can wait this one out. Ubisoft needs time to see what this game is all about.

I wouldn't mind waiting. It's not like this game is the game that will be for all. I can wait this one out. Ubisoft needs time to see what this game is all about.

I'll wait this one out as well. It won't take that long until we get it.

I'll wait this one out as well. It won't take that long until we get it.

Same here. No need to rush. We got other games to play (plus the backlogs we have) so no need to worry. Besides, Ubisoft, like what spark_777, have to figure out what this game is.

Back