Xbox One The Evil Within: A flawed game?

wowtgp

Yes, it's being developed by the same guy who did Resident Evil series, but the recent E3 gameplay footage was not that scary or convincing to be honest. It was mediocre at best. What do you think?

I feel like most people considered the E3 presentation pretty scary. At least that's what I heard from most analysts and friends that watched the footage. I watched it, and it was a pretty good throwback to the scarier games of years ago. I don't know how well the game will play, but the scares seem to come in high volume, which is always good for a survival horror kind of game. I guess we'll see when the games hits shelves, though.

My thought on this would be to hold off judgment until after the game's out. From the E3 demo alone, I thought it was pretty intense. My only gripe with the game is with how it looks, the graphics don't look new gen at all. Especially with the environment textures.

It's not yet released so I guess we'll have to save the judgment. But I think it was pretty scary, people give out a lot of positive vibe off the game. But it's a horror game so the goal is to scare your audience, and if it fails to do just that then I guess it's a flop.

I waited it for ages but what I saw was not so great. The artwork is good but the gameplay is quite terrible due to the camera shots. The field of vision is tiny and the views get blocked by your own body. It is a difficult game which is challenging but with so many issues it becomes worthless.

I agree with Ringo and the camera shots could have been better. The views were odd and even my cousin who is a pro found it difficult to play. I gave it to my cousin anyway and do not play it anymore.

I want to get this game , I have played this game before at a friends house and its great. I will get this game very soon. As anyone completed it yet and whats the game like well the rest of it as I have only had a game of it near beginning.

I can't say that I agree with your saying that it's ''flawed''. I actually thought that the camera shots were made like that for a reason. It gives a different experience - it feels different than other games and I think that they wanted this.

I actually loved the whole game. It is one scary story and I was super excited when I saw the announcement at E3 that they will soon release the next chapter. The environment is so creepy and nicely crafted. It really scared the hell out of me 90% of the game.

The majority of people that I know that played The Evil Within said that it was a very good horror game so I don't know :)

@jasonvoorhees, play it all the way through so you will understand the whole story! It gets better and scarier the more you play.

Back