Xbox One The latest comparison at Launch - Xbox One vs. PS4

Shana

Microsoft recently came out with a new promo video displaying app switching and voice control. CNet reports the feature on the Meet Xbox page, where the user, Archie Earnest maneuvers around the dashboard, starts up Pacific Rim and Titanfall, records the gameplay, shares it, watches television, pulls up Internet Explorer, then answers Skype before shutting off the device with his voice.Check out the video here.

According to The Verge, a leaked Xbox One revealed how the next-generation Kinect has improved for smaller play areas. Microsoft promised improvements for use in smaller environments, where a setup manual shows the new Kinect will work at only 4.5 feet away. The existing Xbox 360 sensor works at a minimum of 6 feet away, and 8 feet for 2 players.

Found this awesome read today comparing both systems at launch! Man I cannot wait for them to Launch! So darn close now too! Check out the link to the Meet Xbox One video in the quote above. I don't think we will fully know the specs of either system until launch, but between the article and the video, I'm so excited the XB1 to come out. If the Kinect works as seamlessly as it looks with the XB1, I can see how it may really become the main way that people watch their TV as well as game.

Source: DesignnTrend

Yeah, that switching between games, live TV, blu-ray and chat is awesome. If it works as smoothly as it appears, I'm sold!

J

The only major difference is the Kinect for Xbox One. Otherwise, both consoles are already very similar.
The real comparison will be the launch of the console. Xbox One has plenty of features to offer. The PS4, seems like a simple game console ... very powerful.

The PS4 will be excluded ton compared to the Xbox One. Sony has not abandoned his PS3 as did Microsoft.
Then it is useless to compare them, because everyone will choose the console they prefer personally.

I don't care for comparisons because it really boils down to taste anyway. I'll probably get both consoles at some point like I have in the past, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. I figure that way I get the best of both worlds, and if one is superior in some way or another I can take advantage of that by having both at the same time. The little things don't even matter to me because they seem like gimmicks to begin with.

I don't care for comparisons because it really boils down to taste anyway. I'll probably get both consoles at some point like I have in the past, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. I figure that way I get the best of both worlds, and if one is superior in some way or another I can take advantage of that by having both at the same time. The little things don't even matter to me because they seem like gimmicks to begin with.

What this person said.

But well, regardless of which one we end up going with, I think the important thing is to not become dumb fanboys, heheh.

For me, it boils down to the games offered and the controller. I prefer Xbox controllers over PS.

J

Back