Xbox One Titanfall will not support cross-platfrom between Xbox 360 and Xbox One

stiflex

From
Vilnius
It doesn't come as a surprise, but Respawn Entertainment, the developers of Titanfall have confirmed that there will be no cross-play between Xbox 360 and Xbox One gamers in a recent interview with Polygon. You can find the article below.

Developer Respawn Entertainment’s upcoming first-person shooter Titanfall does not permit players on one platform to play with those on another.

Titanfall is due out in 2014 for PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Respawn and publisher Electronic Arts have no plans to bring the futuristic competitive-multiplayer title to any of Sony’s consoles. That seemed to leave open a possibility for cross-platform play between at least the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of the game.
But this isn’t the case.
“We will be able to offer dedicated servers on Xbox 360,” Respawn community manager Abbie Heppe told Videogamer.com in an interview. “Obviously, Xbox 360 players are not going to be playing with Xbox One players — they’re not going to be playing with PC — those will be separated groups.”
Titanfall puts players into the role of a future soldier who can double jump and run on walls. Players can also call in a mech unit that changes the pace of play. Respawn comprises many former Call of Duty developers, and it’s easy to see that lineage in Titanfall even while its gameplay is something very different.

Are you bothered by this? Let me know what you guys think

No suprise there since its being developed by some one else on 360 and it hasn't even been shown off yet. Who knows how terrible that'll be.

I'm sort of bummed about this, but on the bright side almost all of my friends have upgraded to the Xbox One so we should be all set. In fact, I'm sure most of the Xbox community has or will have upgraded by the time Titanfall comes out, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Understandable because it's going to be two different games even though same genre. They are both going to be ran on different servers and to link both platforms is kind of a stretch. I'm more concerned if the X1 version will have cross platform with the PC version since they are both virtually the same game.

I'm going for the PC versions so not worried. But if it were me... yeah, a bit bummed but it's understandable. Some tech has limits so it's hard to make it cross-platform, depending on how it's made.

I'm going for the PC versions so not worried. But if it were me... yeah, a bit bummed but it's understandable. Some tech has limits so it's hard to make it cross-platform, depending on how it's made.

Yeah, same here. I'd rather go for the pc version since I can't link it to my Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It would be a lot cheaper if I just have it on pc.

Major bummer. This is quite disappointing. Oh well. I might as well just install this on my PC if that's the case. Since cross platform is not available it would be better to have it instead on a good working computer that can support high graphics.

Back