Xbox One Twitch secures $20M investment to prepare for Xbox One

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
According to Twitch, the new investment will allow the company to expand its ad sales division and prepare its infrastructure for the upcoming launches of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, both of which feature Twitch integration for video sharing and livestreaming.

"Given the excitement surrounding Microsoft and Sony's upcoming video game consoles, Twitch will be in a lot of living rooms this holiday season," said Kevin Lin, chief operating officer at Twitch, in a press release today. "Their intuitive and accessible integration of Twitch removes the barriers to entry which casual broadcasters currently face, so we expect traffic numbers to soar when these consoles launch."

Reading all these articles lately about all these companies getting ready for the launch of these new consoles is really making me excited and unfortunately anxious. I know the wait isn't long now, but OMG thank god for the NFL. If it wasn't for my 3-days of football I would be going crazy right now.

Source: Polygon

Yeah it seems like these shops are going crazy as hell. The initial flow of consoles for the first month will be worth making your shop up nice but after that it isn't worth it. You won't be getting that many sales after as most people would have got them in the first month.

Yeah it seems like these shops are going crazy as hell. The initial flow of consoles for the first month will be worth making your shop up nice but after that it isn't worth it. You won't be getting that many sales after as most people would have got them in the first month.

Twitch isn't a shop. It's a live streaming service currently available through their website, but it will also be available as an app on XB1 and PS4

Back