Xbox 360 "Uprising" DLC announced

BitesizeCrayons

Treyarch has officially unveiled their second DLC package for Black Ops II, which will include four multiplayer maps and one zombies map. Here is the official video for the details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJONV3KvW0

There was a leaked promo for this recently, and it turned out to be accurate.

Personally, I think it looks decent, and I'm not at all bothered that there is no DLC weapon. But here's the kicker for me: Studio is a Firing Range remake. Firing Range is my absolute favorite Call of Duty map, and they've sold me a season pass with this alone. I'm also interested to see what Mob of the Dead has to offer; zombies in a prison setting could be quite interesting, although I can imagine that it will be a hectic map with closed spaces.

Thoughts? Anyone else psyched to see Firing Range return?

Actually although I am not a huge COD fan I think I'll have to buy this one it just looks very original and fun. Lets hope it turns out well.

$15 for more or less another game isn't too bad, when the original game is still $50 or more. I know it is just new pieces for the game, but with new areas and other stuff, it changes the atmosphere some.

"Let's ignore everybody complaining about lag issues and hit detection, and rather release more maps and make ourselves some more money!"

Once again, I won't be getting the DLC. Just seems like a waste when I can play without it, and I don't think the other maps were all that great in the first one.

They need to fix gameplay issues, first.

Definitely they need to fix the gameplay. Too many times I've been killed while I was lagging and the killcam shows stuff that I didn't see happen at all. Still, the DLC might be fun, if one keeps in mind that the issues will still be issues.

Definitely they need to fix the gameplay. Too many times I've been killed while I was lagging and the killcam shows stuff that I didn't see happen at all. Still, the DLC might be fun, if one keeps in mind that the issues will still be issues.

I'm glad you agree. I want quality from a game, not quantity. But these games that keep asking me to pay more for other maps (I mainly play CoD and Halo) are really making me not want to game as much. I want to get into all the other maps and improve myself on them, but I really don't feel like spending money. With paying for online play and a brand new game for 60 dollars, each additional 20 or so dollars for map packs every few months is getting kind of ridiculous...

Yeah, there is no reason why they can't include more maps in the purchase price, especially when they charge so much to start. There are a lot of games that cost a lot less but are still fun - they can make money at lower prices with original games if they put some effort into quality!

I rewatched it a couple times and couldn't help but think that the lava is very unnecessary lol. I mean it's cool to include some interactive things in the map, but I don't think lava is the best choice....even considering the more futuristic gameplay/weapons and stuff. Lava seems a bit primitive.

They could instead go with something like a lift system, like a small elevator or an air lift or something to kind of give gamers a way of going to different levels of the map a bit easier. Or simply parts of maps that move but won't affect you if you run into them.

I have to agree that Black Ops II has issues, and I think it's mostly due to lag compensation. I have already decided that neither IW or Treyarch will get a dime from me for future releases that feature lag compensation. I still have yet to get the season pass, but I know I will be getting this DLC for sure just for Studio alone. After turning geek mode off, I'm still considering the pass, but I have to consider just how much I enjoy Black Ops II; it certainly isn't quite the game that the first Black Ops was for me. As for getting bang for your buck, I always thought Treyarch was good at offering appropriate amounts of content for the price, but they seem to be drifting into greedy territory as of late.

TranZit didn't sit well for me, 1st DLC was okay, not my cup of tea. However, uprising looks amazing, a nice new mixup, new weapons. I have high hopes for it, haven't played it yet, looking forward though.

Back