Xbox One What Age Group is Zoo Tycoon Meant For?

jaxon

I checked out the free demo of this game today. I have a 7 year old daughter it looks like she'd love this. She is a real sweetheart who loves animals. I tried looking it up, but I can not find the age recommendations for this game. She is a grade ahead in her reading level, so I am pretty sure she will like it.

What age group is Zoo Tycoon meant for?

My wife nags me that I need to get "Age appropriate" games for the kids. I guess she doesn't like COD, or something. Since Xbox One is light on their kids games so far, this seems like it might be the best choice.

I don't know officially, but it should be more than OK for kids. It wouldn't even let me run over people with the cart when I tried,
it was so safe.

I have no idea. But this is a great game for kids. My daughter loves this game. She has played this for quite a while since we got it. By the way she's 5 and she loves the game so much. It is also educational at some point.

This is definitely a kiddie game. Haha. I've seen the game and I can tell that this will be great for kids. Well it's not like I won't get it but hey, maybe when my younger cousins drop by on the holidays I might get this game for them so they can play and ignore my other games.

This is definitely a kiddie game. Haha. I've seen the game and I can tell that this will be great for kids. Well it's not like I won't get it but hey, maybe when my younger cousins drop by on the holidays I might get this game for them so they can play and ignore my other games.

Good idea. Haha. I don't want them messing with my saved games. Either way this is a cool game. Definitely a kiddie game.

I'd say this is a good game for children. If you want something for them to just play around in and nevermind the difficulty the game might have, this is a great one.

Zoo Tycoon is something little kids would enjoy. My niece is eight and she enjoys the 3D tycoon games and running a zoo is a bonus. I agree with ThunderSteel about the difficulty thing, but having tried the demo I'd say little kids are good to go with this.

Oh second blush, I'd say Zoo Tycoon is meant kind of for that 8-12 year old (closer to 12) age range given there's a degree of business sim in it and it is a tycoon game. You could say it would be one of those introductory games to complex tycoon/management sims. That said, there's enough in the game that it isn't bogged down by tycoon part and it can be enjoyed by kids outside that age range.

I picked it up for my 8 and 5 year old. Its a christmas present so havent played it yet. But they do have a mode that just gives you a ton of money and land just to build your dream zoo so i wouldnt worry about the tycoon part too much. My 8 year old also plays the original roller coaster tycoon for the pc with no problems so i am sure he can handle this

Back