Xbox One What are you expecting from watch dogs?

It looks like an interesting twist to the open-world exploration style of game that's been so overused lately. I've never really been a fan of Grand Theft Auto, but this certainly has my attention. I'll wait and see how things pan out though, and possibly wait until it comes down in price.

It's nice to see that they're trying to take a different approach with it, and for that alone I hope it does well. More developers need to try different things; the industry has been getting a bit stale lately.

Judging from the video I think it'll meet a lot of my expectations. I just want a enjoyable open world experience with a lot of detail and interactivity that could keep going for hours and hours. I'm hoping the controls are pretty easy to use and straight forward as well.

Not much of an expectation, it's more of a hope, but I want to see Ubisoft finally make something open-world where your choices and decisions as a player actually matter. From the gameplayer trailers we've seen so far, it appears that almost all of the action/chase sequences have some degree of openness to them, and you can choose many routes to solve a problem as long as the resolution is the same (i.e. evade a police car by hacking into the roadblocks and stopping them directly in a tunnel, simply outrunning them, or choosing a dark passage to the side and wait for them to pass by, as you go about your business).

Another aspect is the whole "collaboration" thing they're trying to introduce, seeing indirect co-operation being brought up as a possibility is definitely exciting. Think about the gameplay possibilities with someone else having watch over you, and the environment being influenced in your favour (or against you) on behalf of another player.

Back