Xbox One What do you think will separate the Xbox One from the Playstation 4?

mareebaybay

What will make you purchase the Xbox One and not the Playstation 4?... Will it be features, games or something else entirely?

I think its the overall package, but a big part is the games. Not that the PS4 will have bad games, I actually own plenty of games for my PS3 that I love playing, but I align myself more with the announced XB1 games.

It will be the online play. The xbox has always had a better online play environment than ps3. I believe this will continue with the next generation of consoles. Also, the games will be better than what sony has to offer. I have no doubts that microsoft will stay as sony's superior.

I think it will be the Kinect. They're all-in on it; they want to be the first to push the concept to everyone's living room. They're so balls deep in it that they are forcing people to buy it alongside the Xbox One. With that kind of marketing, surely there have to be some games worth the trouble, right?

For me:

The games - Forza 5, Titanfall are big ones initially
The online experience
Kinect - Sony is dropping the ball making their motion controller optional. If you make it optional, you may as well scrap it entirely.

I also don't buy the idea that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1. We won't know for sure until both consoles hit, but my guess is that games look and perform basically the same.

For me:

The games - Forza 5, Titanfall are big ones initially
The online experience
Kinect - Sony is dropping the ball making their motion controller optional. If you make it optional, you may as well scrap it entirely.

I also don't buy the idea that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1. We won't know for sure until both consoles hit, but my guess is that games look and perform basically the same.

Yea I don't think they realize how good their motion technology is. I saw a demo for the PS4 Playroom using the new controller and PS eye and was definitely more impressive than anything I've seen on Kinect.

For me, everything will set it apart. The only reason I will get a PS4 and have a PS3 is exclusives. That's it. I'm just thankful that they made the controller a little larger so I'll actually consider playing it because I really haven't done much on the PS3 that I have, but I have about 10-15 games that are still unopened ready to go. If they allow the PS3 to do the same as the rumors about the 360, in which you can hook it up to the One and play, I will be really happy.

Both consoles are going to improve tremendously in the next few years. This is the birth stage, and not all the pieces have been discovered yet to fill up the void. I am getting the X1 first, and down the road a PS4. Simply because I've been play Xbox since 2001, and Halo has been my partner in crime since then. But both consoles are going to give us the best.

The games? Maybe the price and the quality of the service too, but most definitely the games, seeing how we are talking about GAMING consoles. Companies seem to be forgetting a lot about that little feature.

Back