Xbox 360 What is the best Xbox 360 game under $20?

jayfs

I'm looking for a game to play because I have several weeks until College starts again. I'm looking for a good game, new or used, that I could play that is fun. I like RPG games, games about magic, etc, like the ES, Final Fantasy, LoZ, etc.

I'm looking for a game to play because I have several weeks until College starts again. I'm looking for a good game, new or used, that I could play that is fun. I like RPG games, games about magic, etc, like the ES, Final Fantasy, LoZ, etc.

I would highly recommend Bioshock Infinite(not under $20) especially if you played the first one. Otherwise Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon's Dogma, and Dishonored should be right up your alley and are all great games. I loved playing all of them.

You should try playing Fable 3. It's only $7 for a pre-owned on GameStop. It's a very entertaining RPG based game somewhat similar to Skyrim. I've enjoyed playing it over the years and I would highly recommend.

Go with Nier and Resonance of Fate.
Nier focus more on the story and character development and is something you should definitely go through the end.
Resonance of Fate has a somehow kind of hard to understand combat system, but after understanding is really fun!

The best game you can snag for under the $20 mark right now is Gears of War 3. But of course, the idea of "best" is a matter of opinion. So I'm sure someone will tell you differently. Or you can just do it the easy way and look at ebay and/or amazon.

We're gears of war 3 fans as well. I saw it at toys r us for 20 bucks or less :)

You could get Minecraft. It's priced at 20 dollars exactly. I've heard the PC version is way superior (never played it myself), but that never stopped me from frittering away hours in mines and mountains on my 360.

Gears or Rainbow Six Vegas 2. There are still tons of people that play the multiplayer...Although they are all pretty hardcore and generally kick my a** every time I play multiplayer...But Terrorist Hunt is hours upon hours of fun.

I think you should go for Stay of Decay. It's the best bang for your buck.

I agree with a lot of the posters in here. Under $20 ... eh...for just $10 more you get Bioshock Infinite. I agree with Fable 3, its pretty fun and you can do pretty much anything you want to in that game. If money is an object in this discussion I almost recommend watching for Humble Bundle weekly sales. You could attempt to try to find a sale on Skyrim which will take your life away from you.

I would also suggest Final Fantasy XIII-2 which is a lot of game for under 20. Maybe skip XIII though.

I agree, you could just purchase MineCraft which is a great game for almost anyone who likes entertaining games.

I think Red Dead Redemption is under 20 bucks now. It's a Rockstar cowboy open world shooter. It has an amazing story, a huge map where you are free to roam around all the time, and the gameplay is excellent. I strongly recommend it.

Gamestop has a ton of games under $20 that I would recommend. Let's see... Minecraft is $19.99 right now, along with BioShock: Infinite; Lego Indiana Jones (I love the Lego games) is bundled together with Kung Fu Panda for $7.99; Gears of War 2 is only $2.99; Battlefield 3 is $9.99... There's like 150 pages of used games on their website right now priced under $20, so just browse and see if you can find something you like.

Gamestop has a ton of games under $20 that I would recommend. Let's see... Minecraft is $19.99 right now, along with BioShock: Infinite; Lego Indiana Jones (I love the Lego games) is bundled together with Kung Fu Panda for $7.99; Gears of War 2 is only $2.99; Battlefield 3 is $9.99... There's like 150 pages of used games on their website right now priced under $20, so just browse and see if you can find something you like.

Gears of War 2 for three dollars is a pretty good deal, and I'd definitely pay $20 for BioShock Infinite. I don't know about anyone else, but this is giving me a few ideas for cheap Christmas presents! Everyone doesn't have a One, yet... ;)

I'll second the opinion of Red Dead Redemption.
It's an amazing game with a great story and it's definitely capable of keeping your attention for a couple of weeks.
I'm pretty sure you can get it for under $20 which is a pittance to pay for one of the best games ever.

Mass Effect 1 and 2
Bioshock
The Orange Box
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed II
Fallout 3
Dead Space
Alan Wake
Darksiders
Gears of War

I think most of the games are sold below $20 now so it's pretty hard to say which one is the best. But judging from TC's preferences I would suggest getting Darksiders 2, it's got great RPG and puzzle solving elements. Not to mention, a pretty addictive combat and platforming.

Back