Xbox One When is Final Fantasy XV coming out??

This is true. For me, the FF series started going downhill with XII. I just couldn't connect to the story or the characters at all. XIII was a little better in terms of story and characters, but nowhere near its predecessors. Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but this series just feels like it doesn't have the spirit it used to have. There's such a focus on prequels and sequels instead of a solid, self-contained game. Then again, that seems to be a trend across many series, not just Final Fantasy.

Well, despite your opinions, I'm going to get XIII. I don't know, maybe i'll have a different thought on it. I was supposed to borrow the game but uhm... dang, my friend's friend's friend didn't have it when my friend was gonna get back from him, so I'm gonna buy myself a cheap copy. Maybe in the next few months. But anyway, it's not just FF you know. AC is one example of a series that's been going downhill, although it has gained some uphill thanks to ACIV.

Well, despite your opinions, I'm going to get XIII. I don't know, maybe i'll have a different thought on it. I was supposed to borrow the game but uhm... dang, my friend's friend's friend didn't have it when my friend was gonna get back from him, so I'm gonna buy myself a cheap copy. Maybe in the next few months. But anyway, it's not just FF you know. AC is one example of a series that's been going downhill, although it has gained some uphill thanks to ACIV.

I still have it but I haven't played it in a while. Reminds me, I kinda forgot what my login was for it.

Yeah, well I hope they can really make it successful this time.

Yeah, well I hope they can really make it successful this time.

Yeah, let's hope so. 'Cuz if it's another downhill.... it's gonna be another COD. I just wish they can end the story this time. Do we need another history on that Apple or something? They already killed off Desmond, so why drag it anyway? Just end it already!

Yeah, let's hope so. 'Cuz if it's another downhill.... it's gonna be another COD. I just wish they can end the story this time. Do we need another history on that Apple or something? They already killed off Desmond, so why drag it anyway? Just end it already!

Yeah, I gotta agree. I don't know why we need to know whether this or that about the world of AC.... just end it!!!!!

Yeah, I gotta agree. I don't know why we need to know whether this or that about the world of AC.... just end it!!!!!

Anyway... back to the topic. None of our complaints will ever get us closer to FFXV's release date. Let's all just wait, do something else and just wait again.

Just hope it's out before the generation ends and that it's worth the wait.

Well, if the current trend continues, it'll be out right after FF 13: Lightning goes shopping for new clothes.

Just hope it's out before the generation ends and that it's worth the wait.

I think it'll be out before the generation ends. I mean, if Nomura said he's gonna work on Kingdom Hearts 3 after FFXV, then we might suddenly get the surprise news of a release date. And always remember Square's commitment to releasing something related to Kingdom Hearts every year.

I think it'll be out before the generation ends. I mean, if Nomura said he's gonna work on Kingdom Hearts 3 after FFXV, then we might suddenly get the surprise news of a release date. And always remember Square's commitment to releasing something related to Kingdom Hearts every year.

Yup, I agree. In this day and age, there's always going to a surprise news. It's like what happened with Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U. Many believed the games were gonna be out next year, 'cuz the creator just wasn't revealing any news on the release dates, and there was news about a Super Smash Bros. 6 that may show the games were going to be out in 2015.. But surprise, surprise, news came in that the games were going to come out this year. So let's keep our eyes peeled 'cuz you never know. One day you're going nuts Nomura hasn't revealed any new info on FFXV, then the next day.... he slaps you silly with news he's releasing it soon. So let's all wait guys.

Don't forget however that for a long time now, they've just been releasing KH spin offs, rather than actual sequels.

Don't forget however that for a long time now, they've just been releasing KH spin offs, rather than actual sequels.

Actually, they're not really spin-offs. You probably haven't seen thedoodseven's KH3 plot discussion thread here. And Googling Tetsuya Nomura's comments about those "spin-offs", they're actually NOT spinoffs. They're all part of the storyline, according to Nomura. Prequels, midquels... they're part of the storyline. Heck, they're so part of the storyline, that the compilation Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (brings KH 1, Re:Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days) and 2.5 HD Remix (which brings Birth by Sleep, KH 2 and re:coded) has them all compiled together. They're not spin-offs because all KH games (except the mobile social games) are PART of the storyline. And don't even say KH3D is a spinoff. That's an actual sequel. For a game to be a spin-off, it has to branch off from the main storyline so you don't have to refer back to the original. Unfortunately, these KH games, "spinoffs" as you call them, REFER back to the original main storyline. You even need to play the main ones to understand what transpires in the handheld KH games. That's why PS3 gamers get a chance to see the Nintendo KH entries so they have a grasp on what went on while the main KH games were going on with the compilations.

Actually, they're not really spin-offs. You probably haven't seen thedoodseven's KH3 plot discussion thread here. And Googling Tetsuya Nomura's comments about those "spin-offs", they're actually NOT spinoffs. They're all part of the storyline, according to Nomura. Prequels, midquels... they're part of the storyline. Heck, they're so part of the storyline, that the compilation Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (brings KH 1, Re:Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days) and 2.5 HD Remix (which brings Birth by Sleep, KH 2 and re:coded) has them all compiled together. They're not spin-offs because all KH games (except the mobile social games) are PART of the storyline. And don't even say KH3D is a spinoff. That's an actual sequel. For a game to be a spin-off, it has to branch off from the main storyline so you don't have to refer back to the original. Unfortunately, these KH games, "spinoffs" as you call them, REFER back to the original main storyline. You even need to play the main ones to understand what transpires in the handheld KH games. That's why PS3 gamers get a chance to see the Nintendo KH entries so they have a grasp on what went on while the main KH games were going on with the compilations.

KH will soon be released but as for FF IV, this is still so unsure.

KH will soon be released but as for FF IV, this is still so unsure.

FF IV? or FFXV? Anyway, Nomura said he'll be working on KH3 AFTER he finishes FFXV, so we're getting FFXV first before KH3. But considering he showed some early footage of KH3 (at least, what to expect), FFXV might be already on its to finish. I'm betting FFXV gets released next year, and KH3 is 2016.

FF IV? or FFXV? Anyway, Nomura said he'll be working on KH3 AFTER he finishes FFXV, so we're getting FFXV first before KH3. But considering he showed some early footage of KH3 (at least, what to expect), FFXV might be already on its to finish. I'm betting FFXV gets released next year, and KH3 is 2016.

That's my bet too. We'll be getting FFXV next year, and then KH3 in 2016. Well, time to just wait.

Whoa, whoa girl. Easy right there. They're not KH spinoffs. They're really part of the storyline. Much as they can be spinoffs, you can never appreciate them without playing the main games or even the other "spinoffs" as you call them. And as spark_777 said, yes, I already said it but they're not spinoffs. Nomura stated that a long time ago. And to prove it, these "spin-offs" are bundled with the main games in the HD Remixes for the PS3. Also, yes, spin-offs can only be spin-offs if they can branch off the main story and make their own storyline but if you played the "spin-offs", you'll actually see that the games branch on with the main storyline. How do I know? I PLAYED THEM ALL. Yup, played all the handheld KH games and they're NOT spin-offs. Nope, not ONE bit. Probably the only game that might be considered a spinoff is Birth by Sleep. It's the prequel to the whole KH series. Even so, the handheld KH games are not spin-offs.

Whoa, whoa girl. Easy right there. They're not KH spinoffs. They're really part of the storyline. Much as they can be spinoffs, you can never appreciate them without playing the main games or even the other "spinoffs" as you call them. And as spark_777 said, yes, I already said it but they're not spinoffs. Nomura stated that a long time ago. And to prove it, these "spin-offs" are bundled with the main games in the HD Remixes for the PS3. Also, yes, spin-offs can only be spin-offs if they can branch off the main story and make their own storyline but if you played the "spin-offs", you'll actually see that the games branch on with the main storyline. How do I know? I PLAYED THEM ALL. Yup, played all the handheld KH games and they're NOT spin-offs. Nope, not ONE bit. Probably the only game that might be considered a spinoff is Birth by Sleep. It's the prequel to the whole KH series. Even so, the handheld KH games are not spin-offs.

Gotta agree. I checked and yes, the "spin-offs" are part of the storyline. If a KH game had a story that didn't have me wondering what was happening in the main storyline, then THAT's a spin-off.

What in the.... why did this thread become a talk about KH? Hahahah. Anyway... guess we'll have to wait for Nomura and Square to say the word. That's all we can do.

Back