Xbox One Which Xbox One game will you be buying first?

ozadin

Since the release of Xbox One is coming soon and right around the corner, I'd like to ask what your first purchase for the game will be. There are many games which I'm excited for like saints row IV, GTA5, or call of duty ghosts. I think personally, I'm going to buy saints row first. I prefer it over the others because the out of the official videos released, saints row goes in depth with it. There is a hint of gameplay video, and sneak peaks of new weapons. All I've seen for gta5 were seperate trailers for each character and their background information, and for ghosts, only a ~30 second long trailer with basically nothing in it.

What about you guys?

Probably GTA V and Call of Duty Ghosts. Might give Halo 5 a try again even though I hated Halo: Reach.

"Quantum Break" looked really cool... aside from that i guess Forza would have to do it until something better releases.
For their own good, i hope that they show us something more promising during E3.

It's still too early for me to decide. I certainly wouldn't get anything that is released on the PS3/360, since I would already own them and I don't feel like double dipping for better graphics. It's too early to decide because there haven't been many announcements for next-gen exclusive games just yet, but I can say that my first buy will definitely be a next-gen exclusive, not a multi-gen game.

It's still too early for me to decide. I certainly wouldn't get anything that is released on the PS3/360, since I would already own them and I don't feel like double dipping for better graphics. It's too early to decide because there haven't been many announcements for next-gen exclusive games just yet, but I can say that my first buy will definitely be a next-gen exclusive, not a multi-gen game.

What about an exclusive title made by EA? I've heard recently Microsoft and EA partnered exclusively so I'm sure we'll see a game or two. Hopefully it won't be complete garbage, like other EA games.

Guess we'll have to wait for E3 to actually make a decision about which game to buy.

For me probably GTA 5, but I really think I will be getting the PS4 instead of the Xbox One.

For me probably GTA 5, but I really think I will be getting the PS4 instead of the Xbox One.

Won't GTA V be released on PS3/360? That means the next gen consoles won't be able to play it, unless they release a version for them too...

I'm definitely curious to see a new Halo. I couldn't tell what Quantum Break was supposed to be, really. I'm curious to see what some of those other new franchises will be. The games part of the presentation didn't wow me much, I'm hoping E3 will. I couldn't get excited for any of the sports, racing or call of duty stuff they showed, I never play those kinds of games.

if watch dogs has a twin release on the 360/X1 then I'd prob go for the X1 (depending on the start price for the X1 obviously)

Won't GTA V be released on PS3/360? That means the next gen consoles won't be able to play it, unless they release a version for them too...
I do not know for sure but I am guessing that GTA V will be one of those "multi-gen" titles. As in, games released on both generations of consoles (with obvious differences, I'd guess). But not sure on GTA V... I do think Watch_Dogs will do that, among others, though, so I bet Rockstar will do the same thing for GTAV.

Call Of Duty: Ghosts, for sure. As a a fan of Call Of Duty already I'm really pumped up for this new game and judging from the reveal it looks like this might be the best Call Of Duty game yet. The second game I would probably get would be Quantum Break, it looks pretty awesome, especially because it has that open world feeling.

Probably GTA V if it's on the One. The trailer for Quantum Break looked really cool too, although it doesn't give much of a feel for the game. Right now it looks like it will be the best exclusive, so I'll get it either way.

Come on now. Don't make me choose one!

Halo: Combat Evolved
Otogi
KoToR
Forza Motorsport
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Full Spectrum Warrior
Dead or Alive Ultimate

Just rambling off the top of my head but that would be my list as of right now. Can't forget GTA as well. Fifa 14 looks promising but I am a Fifa fanatic and will probably buy it regardless.

I'm looking at both Destiny and Thief to be essential games for me to buy within the first period. Both have enthusiastic fan bases and are made by reputable developers (Eidos Montreal and Bungie respectively). Moreover, the hype for both have been tremendous, Destiny being the prodigy for Bungie and Thief being a revival for Square Enix. It's a tough competition in the near future, and the evolution for both games in terms of performance and mechanics come into play. It is great that there are going to be multi-generational games, but these two would seem to be the bridge to that new generation of gaming for me.

To be honest, I have no idea. Do I go for the game that really takes advantage of the hardware? Or do I go with the game that's a multi-generation release? It's a tough choice.

High prices in Australia mean that if a console is region locked it could be a massive deal-breaker for me. So, I won't choose any exclusives for now.

To be honest, I'm most excited for Destiny and Watch Dogs. However, I am being very cautious with Watch Dogs. It has a little too much hype around it and I don't want to find out it's just some mediocre game with certain parts where you can use technology. Destiny on the other hand, I am extremely confident for. I really like bungie as a company and I am confident that this game is going to look absolutely amazing on both of the consoles. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that Destiny is going to really surprise some people and set a benchmark for the new consoles.

That's a difficult question to answer, mainly because I don't plan on getting an Xbox One straight away. I'm looking forward to the new titles that are going to be released (games that aren't sequels or part of a franchise), since there's a lot of promise there. I can't think of any specific games off the top of my head, but if there is to be a Halo 5 then that's probably the one game I would jump on right away.

I think FIFA 14 will be my first buy, Although something with more substance like a FPS would be a good bet to. hopefully some holiday money helps me out here. Ha

Come on now. Don't make me choose one!

Halo: Combat Evolved
Otogi
KoToR
Forza Motorsport
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Full Spectrum Warrior
Dead or Alive Ultimate

Just rambling off the top of my head but that would be my list as of right now. Can't forget GTA as well. Fifa 14 looks promising but I am a Fifa fanatic and will probably buy it regardless.

Your looking at $400 alone in games on top of a new console. lol

If I do decide to get the Xbox One, no doubt they'll be a bundle on sale.

So probably whichever games comes with the bundle :p

Back