Xbox One Who else is excited for Watch Dogs?

Dr23

I'm kind of surprised no one else is talking about this here. Ever since the unveiled footage of Watch Dogs last year I've grown more and more excited for this release. Personally, I think it's the game I'm currently looking forward to the most and the game that I think will welcome us all to the new generation of consoles the best.

If you're unfamiliar with what the game is all about it can be summarized as GTA with a twist. The twist is you can hack into any electronic, including cell phones, street lights, etc. While that might be appealing in itself, the game's AI looks to be on a different level compared to what's currently on the market.

[video=youtube;xU7WGAJPRRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw[/video]

It's highly likely the video above has some scripted events, but it's clear there will be numerous ways to approach the same event. These kinds of options and ability to really control your own destiny have many thinking this might be the next big game.

I kinda have to admit, i am a little more excited for this than i am for GTA5, maybe because of the setting, which i love, maybe because of the idea, i don't know, but i am pretty confident that this will be a great game.

Yeah, I like Watch Dogs. I think that the story is a lot better than what GTA has to offer. Though GTA feels a lot lot bigger, Watch Dogs feels more real and tangible. It's what makes this franchise very compelling. I'm looking forward to this game and probably would purchase it at launch.

Finally! An actual linked gameplay video of Watch Dogs! I was too lazy to search it for myself. As for the game, it's going to be another one to add to my wishlist. Thank you for sharing this.

I especially like the little details in the video like the car alarms, his coat actually moving, just the realistic side of the game I really like. It's very similar to real life other than the fact that he has superpowers.

I am very excited about this game! It's nice to see a new game rather than a sequel to an existing IP. As soon as I saw it at E3 I just fell in love with it.
The gameplay looks amazing and I love the idea of being able to hack into technology to progress through the story/level. I am very interested to see what the
story behind the character is though, why is he hacking? Is he on the run? I love the setting too and the graphics look brilliant!

In the UK it's a release date of November 22nd. I think I'll be asking for this game on my birthday :D

<--- This guy right here. It looks really great and I'm super excited for it. I'm a huge fan of games like this. I've played GTAs, Sleeping Dogs, and the like and this is another one I'm looking forward to snagging and no-lifing. The graphics look great, the storyline looks great. I'm super pumped!!!

It looks great but I get flashbacks of the first Assassins Creed when I see Watchdogs. The first AC looked beautiful and the gameplay on the surface looked fun but once you got a few hours into it you realized how shallow everything really was. I hope Watch Dogs doesn't feel the same way as the first Assassins Creed and is more fleshed out.

It looks great but I get flashbacks of the first Assassins Creed when I see Watchdogs. The first AC looked beautiful and the gameplay on the surface looked fun but once you got a few hours into it you realized how shallow everything really was. I hope Watch Dogs doesn't feel the same way as the first Assassins Creed and is more fleshed out.

I had a similar impression. My hope is that Watch Dogs takes what GTA and AC does best and turns it into a special experience. The gameplay I posted above might very well have scripted elements within it, but the world that they've created looks pretty impressive. Of course, it'd be a lot less impressive if the AI is rigid or if the world isn't as open as it appears to be.

The AC comparison you made is a perfect one. Coming off GTA, I expected more depth and instead found AC to come up short, especially AC 3. Hoping Watch Dogs raises the bar.

Yeah, this game looks fantastic. Not sure which system I should get it for quite yet, Wii U or XBOX, but I know it will be an incredible experience whichever one I choose. I've always been in love with the whole cyber punk genre and this looks like an awesome extension of that.

Game looks exciting. Hopefully Ubisoft did it right and they make a great new IP to build off of. I'm very interested to see how multiplayer plays into the game, because that teaser last year was intense. I've got a little reserve about it though, the trailer doesn't show that much, for all we know most of it could be very scripted. Though many interviews say that the opposite is very true, they say it's impossible to have two of the same exact playthroughs and randomness plays into the game. Either way, a very interesting game in a dull time for video games.

http://vimeo.com/67988814

Leaked E3 trailer! Get it while it's hot (and not taken down) Honestly I'm still getting the feeling that all the gameplay elements of this game wont be as fun or as well executed as the game developers wanted them to be. I really hope I'm wrong though.

I completely agree. Will these cool hacking moments be just used once or twice throughout the game or will they be really simple and easy to use. It's a huge decider for me because they're hyping it up to be the main part of the game.

What happens if this awesome feature is barely available and the gameplay is boring? Exactly.

The game looks ridiculously good. It has looked great ever since it was first announced. There's a lot of hype, so it better deliver.

Its one of the few new titles that have actually excited me in a long while - which is great!

I'm looking forward to it, but not quite sure about a pre-order yet. Plus, I'm also not sure about the multiplayer aspect, it sounds as though it has much more potential.

I am so excited to play watch dogs. I can't wait for it to be released. So far the it will have the best story & gameplay IMO.

I'm really excited for it be released, I was so disappointed when they delayed it for 5 months, it was one of the reasons I was upgrading from the 360. Can't wait to try it out, and I'm pretty sure I will spend most of my time just wandering arround in the city and trying to enter other players games.

I am really excited. i think the game is going to be completely amazing. The trailer is outstanding.

The game was delayed 7 months, and it will be released in the spring or summer of 2014. It'a an innovative and ambitious project but if the game will be as fascinating like the trailers say it will be a direct rival next year to Witcher 3 and Dragon Age.
WatchDogs-preview-1.jpg

Back